Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (May 9th)

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM
  • 93 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Froggypjs
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I am Patti, I live in as all town called Newville, pa, I have one grown daughter who is 40 and a soon to be step son who is 11.

I grew up in a town 45 minutes from we're I now live, it is called ENOLA, pa it is right across the river from our state capital, Harrisburg and some of you might remember TMI disaster, I grew up about a hour from there.

I meet my first husband I high school and we were married 36 years, he died four years ago, 

I meet my fiancé on the Internet , we have been together over a year now, he is over in Ghana right now and hopes to be home soon, he is building roads over there, when he comes home I will be selling my place in Pa and moving to Alabama with him and alex

I love working on my swaps, watching movies, playing with my crazy gang of cats and doing crafts with my friend Jen

Chris and Alex are always on my mind, and right now, I worry about them and wish. They were here with me, Ghana is not a safe country to be.

myoung82
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:19 AM
2 moms liked this
1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls ?6 total, 4step and 2 with my husband. There's 3 of each gender. girl 13, boy 11, boy 9, girl 7 girl 3 and boy 4 mo

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?grew up in Dorr, mi and still live there today

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?grew up together, he was a friend of my older brother

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?read, exercise, look at, take or edit pictures

5. What's on your mind today?wanting to go part time to be with my kids more
NMK53
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi Everybody.

My name is Nieves and I am a mother of three beautiful ladies. My oldest daughter is already 30 years today. She has one 4 years old boy and two litle girls. My second daughter will be 28 on May 17 and she is a nurse. My third daughter just turned 16 on May 7. I am very thankful for my daughters and grandchildrens. 

I  live in Miami and I am a stay-home mom. I think being at home all the time can be hard but it is great for the kids since they would always have their mom available right away. 

I wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Patti,
Does your daughter live close to you?  Sorry on the loss of your husband.
But so happy you found another love.  Congrats to you both!  Have you set a date yet?
Does your srep son live with you full time?
Hugs & prayers for yoru husbands safe return.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Froggypjs:

I am Patti, I live in as all town called Newville, pa, I have one grown daughter who is 40 and a soon to be step son who is 11.

I grew up in a town 45 minutes from we're I now live, it is called ENOLA, pa it is right across the river from our state capital, Harrisburg and some of you might remember TMI disaster, I grew up about a hour from there.

I meet my first husband I high school and we were married 36 years, he died four years ago, 

I meet my fiancé on the Internet , we have been together over a year now, he is over in Ghana right now and hopes to be home soon, he is building roads over there, when he comes home I will be selling my place in Pa and moving to Alabama with him and alex

I love working on my swaps, watching movies, playing with my crazy gang of cats and doing crafts with my friend Jen

Chris and Alex are always on my mind, and right now, I worry about them and wish. They were here with me, Ghana is not a safe country to be.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Welcome to CafeMom ,
Do all the kids live with you?  I hope you can go part time .. good luck!
Here are some groups you may find helpful ;)

Quoting myoung82:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls ?6 total, 4step and 2 with my husband. There's 3 of each gender. girl 13, boy 11, boy 9, girl 7 girl 3 and boy 4 mo

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?grew up in Dorr, mi and still live there today

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?grew up together, he was a friend of my older brother

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?read, exercise, look at, take or edit pictures

5. What's on your mind today?wanting to go part time to be with my kids more

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Niieves,
How lovely all yoru girls sound!  Do the two older ones live close to you?
Here are a couple of groups you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting NMK53:

Hi Everybody.

My name is Nieves and I am a mother of three beautiful ladies. My oldest daughter is already 30 years today. She has one 4 years old boy and two litle girls. My second daughter will be 28 on May 17 and she is a nurse. My third daughter just turned 16 on May 7. I am very thankful for my daughters and grandchildrens. 

I  live in Miami and I am a stay-home mom. I think being at home all the time can be hard but it is great for the kids since they would always have their mom available right away. 

I wish everyone a Happy Mother;s Day!

lynn6365
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

My name is Linda.Im from chicago.I have been married 29 years have 5 children and 3 grandchildren.I have 4 daughters and 1 son.My son passed away 10/17/2010.He was only 20 years old and he passed away from a undetected heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.Im forever heartbroken.

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Linda,
So sorry on the loss of your son :(
  Big hugs to you  :)

Quoting lynn6365:

My name is Linda.Im from chicago.I have been married 29 years have 5 children and 3 grandchildren.I have 4 daughters and 1 son.My son passed away 10/17/2010.He was only 20 years old and he passed away from a undetected heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.Im forever heartbroken.

Tebogo
by New Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone. My name is Tebogo. I live in SA, Mpumalanga Province. I have two sons (18 and 13) and a daughter (8). I grew up in Limpopo and went to school there. During my spare time I like to surf the net, chat to friends on social networks, watch movies and read - any kind of book or material that will give my mind some kind of wxercise. I met my husband when I was furthering my studies at Pretoria Technikon 19 yrs back. My thought today (well lately)- I want to quit my job and have my own business (still have not decided what to do though. So tired of reporting to anybody, I just want to be my own boss and have more time in my house with kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Hi Patti, welcome to the group. My kids are grown, too, but I'm raising a 6 year old. Starting over is....interesting. What kind of swaps do you do?

I have 2 crazy cats, too, plus an adorable pug. Look forward to getting to know you.

Quoting Froggypjs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)