Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help.....DH wants me and my kids out by Tuesday.....

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 49 Replies
My husband texted me last Friday and said it was over and that he wants us to move and that he was going to give us $1000 to rent another place but there was no hurry bc he was staying at a motel until then. I am actually tickled to death bc it has been a very emotionally abusive situation and I am ready to move on. I am wondering if anyone knows if there are laws for family members..... like does he have to give me 30 days to move? Someone told me since I receive mail here, he has to give me 30 days.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lottie925
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Are they his kids? I would call the non emergency police one and ask what to do.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
10 moms liked this
File for divorce with the $1000 as a retainer and have papers drawn up to stay in the house.
red.intuition
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I totally agree blockquote class="quotedText">Quoting NDADanceMom:

File for divorce with the $1000 as a retainer and have papers drawn up to stay in the house.
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
If your name is on the deed or lease agreement he cannot just kick you out. I agree with calling the non emergency number at the police department. I would also seek advice from an attorney. Good luck!
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
What state are you in?
cLanief
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
7 moms liked this
If you werea tenant yes 30 days... but as you're MARRIED... you don't have to go anywhere.especially since he already left.
Lottie925
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Ps- do you work? Because $1000 won't get you sh*t. I don't care if you can find $500 a month rent! First last and security would be $1500. Then all the stuff you need... Beds for the kids, bedding, kitchen gear, TV, cable, phone, Internet, electric, water, you need car insurance? GROCERIES?

Call the local police non emergency line. Moving kids out is not a good idea. Call in WHOEVER YOU CAN. Your family, friends, kids friends families for babysitting, does his family like/support you?
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM
5 moms liked this
Pack his stuff, drop it off in his vehicle and call an attorney.
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this

First stop calling him your DH and call him you STBX or the asshole. The best place to find your answers is with your local housing authority. The laws change by state, county, or even city. They can give you all the info you need. Good luck.

rgba
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
He wants out? Then make him move...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)