Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Kindle Fire Moms----PIOG

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just found out I am getting the HD 8.9 from my family for Mothers Day.  What are your and your kids fav apps?  Erin is 4 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Oh man, there are so many! It all depends on what she is into and what you're into. My kids are 3 and 5 and like a lot of the popular apps (angry birds, fruit ninja, etc.) But they also like a lot of the educational apps, especially those with their favorite characters (skylanders, hello kitty, scooby doo, Dora, etc.) And more are being added all the time.

Definitely use kindle free time for her because you can make it super kid friendly with her books, videos, apps, etc. Plus you can control how much time she spends on each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustBreath2013
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I am on a nook.... I prefer the nook
baquick
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Bump- ill look at dh's when I get home.
dbush0584
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

subway surfer...my kids play that and lep's world EVERY STINKIN DAY!  I love temple run.  Angry birds obviously, fruit ninja, I have a bunch of dress up/nail polish games.  

Rosesandlilys
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Holy cow lol wheres my water and wheres my perry are my sons favorites, hes 5.

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

There are tons of apps that are great for kids.  My son likes some that are puzzles.  We both like Dr Seuss books; you can read the book aloud, let the kindle read to you or let the child read.  When you touch an object, it repeats the word for you.  When you touch a word, it reads the word.  There are other interactive books that you can buy.  There are also free apps that he's had fun with.  You can do searches for 'preschool games" to find some good ones.  For myself, I love being able to play "Words with Friends" (Scrabble) with my sister, even though she lives about an hour away. 

Arwyn724
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My 17 yo has My Horse app on my kindle, and my 3 yo grand daughter discovered it this week-end while looking for her Dora books I have stored for her.  Well, all she wanted to do all day was "scoop poop, nana, scoop poop"  It was hysterical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)