Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my cat is gone :( piog

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM
  • 6 Replies
Well it wasn't my cat. It was a stray that was hanging around
my grandma's house. But I fed it and it really liked me. My
grandma even started to warm up to her. But other family
members said the cat scared them. And then my grandma
started being mean to the cat and didn't want it hanging
around. Omg the cat was so friendly and it seemed like it
was a house cat. So they took the kitty to the animal shelter. I don't know why, but I feel a little sad now.I liked that cat, Icried a little too. I see their little bowl and she didn't get to finish her food :( I am all sad now. I really am crying. I considered her a pet(my grandma doesn't allow pets inside. Don't know why I am so broken up about this.

Sorry for the rant
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Froggypjs
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Because you realized you can be yourself and show something love just like the cat showed you love. My cats are my babies. They know when you are sad, they know when you are hurt, they know when you need affection and they know when ou are happy. My one cat never left my side when I was getting my chemo for cancer and then had heart failure I had to go away for two months and when I came home, he won't leave my side for even a second. T me cats and animals are true love. I had a friend once say, if a person doesn't love cats and or dogs, then they can't be trusted, I believe that because my cats hated my ex boyfriend and they were right he was a thief, liar and cheat and my cats knew better then mme when you get your own place, go get a cat and you will be. A good mommy because I think you have a good heart were cats are concerned

Momofmenagerie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Connecting to another creature and senselessly losing it through death or your loss is not " silly" to be upset. You had a bond with this cat. You have the right to mourn your loss and worry about it's future. Allow yourself that, compassion is not weakness, it's a wonderful, important quality to have ....whether you are caring for children, or animals. I'm sorry you lost her.
.lovemybebes.
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Thank you. The hardest part is me having to dump her food out. We still have her food, barely bought it. :(

Quoting Froggypjs:

Because you realized you can be yourself and show something love just like the cat showed you love. My cats are my babies. They know when you are sad, they know when you are hurt, they know when you need affection and they know when ou are happy. My one cat never left my side when I was getting my chemo for cancer and then had heart failure I had to go away for two months and when I came home, he won't leave my side for even a second. T me cats and animals are true love. I had a friend once say, if a person doesn't love cats and or dogs, then they can't be trusted, I believe that because my cats hated my ex boyfriend and they were right he was a thief, liar and cheat and my cats knew better then mme when you get your own place, go get a cat and you will be. A good mommy because I think you have a good heart were cats are concerned

.lovemybebes.
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I am just scared it will get put to sleep, the shelter it got taken to gives animals 3-5 days before they have to euthanise it. The family members claimed it was sick. But it wasn't, she was a happy cat. I hope it had a chip inside so she won't risk euthanasia..

Thank you. Your kind words mean a lot.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Connecting to another creature and senselessly losing it through death or your loss is not " silly" to be upset. You had a bond with this cat. You have the right to mourn your loss and worry about it's future. Allow yourself that, compassion is not weakness, it's a wonderful, important quality to have ....whether you are caring for children, or animals. I'm sorry you lost her.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Take comfort that a domestic cat isn't meant to live outside. A pet needs visits to the vet, shelter from storms and predators plus a cat that wanders spreads disease to other animals. The lifespan of a cat treated like "yours" is about 5 years. Properly cared for indoor cats are 15 years and up.
.lovemybebes.
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I understand, just worried. I don't want her to get put to sleep. I just need a couple days and I will be over it.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Take comfort that a domestic cat isn't meant to live outside. A pet needs visits to the vet, shelter from storms and predators plus a cat that wanders spreads disease to other animals. The lifespan of a cat treated like "yours" is about 5 years. Properly cared for indoor cats are 15 years and up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)