Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hockey

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 37 Replies

I am Canadian and we tend to love our hockey! I notice that hockey does not seem that popular in the US as football and basketball. I cheer for Toronto even though they tend not to do that well!!

Do you or your SO like to watch hockey and if so what team do you cheer for?

by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We have a local team here where we live.  The Gwinnett Gladiators.  I like going to watch them play.  It's fun.  We don't have an official team we cheer for.  I don't even know when hockey season is.  I bet if I knew we'd watch more of it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

huneebadger
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

The NHL playoffs are right now!

Quoting jillbailey26:

We have a local team here where we live.  The Gwinnett Gladiators.  I like going to watch them play.  It's fun.  We don't have an official team we cheer for.  I don't even know when hockey season is.  I bet if I knew we'd watch more of it.

Taylor_Dawn
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM
My husband is obsessed with the st Louis blues and has gotten our entire family into the game. We watch them all together and have a great time. Our little man (19 months) is obsessed with the game his jersey and playing with his mini hockey stick and foam pucks!
jillbailey26
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM

When is the beginning and end of the season?

Quoting huneebadger:

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

huneebadger
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM

October to June if they are not on strike!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

When is the beginning and end of the season?

Quoting huneebadger:

Quoting jillbailey26:

linds0712
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Kings!!!!
huneebadger
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

That's cute, great way to spend time as a family!! I remember watching hockey with my family when I was young and we would stay up late to see the end of the games!

Quoting Taylor_Dawn:

My husband is obsessed with the st Louis blues and has gotten our entire family into the game. We watch them all together and have a great time. Our little man (19 months) is obsessed with the game his jersey and playing with his mini hockey stick and foam pucks!

lmjess
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

My husband is a Pittsburg Penguins fan.

jessyroos
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Canadian as well, and while I can't support the Leafs (I'm a Montreal fan) I do love a person who isn't fickle when their team isn't doing well. Hubby is a HUGE hockey fan and would die before cheering on a team other than the Habs. I think all Canadians can agree though, that the Canucks can suck it, and I'm not sorry they got swept. :)

happymama2D
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We love hockey! I live in an area that is really into hockey and my boys play, but you are correct that most of the US isn't really, which is their loss because hockey is the best! I do love football too.
We are Sabres fans here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN