Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you have a bed wetter...

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

What mattress protector do you swear by? I'm buying my 5 and 2 year old new beds and mattresses and I want to get covers for the mattresses since my 5 year old has random nose bleeds and my 2 year old sometimes leaks through her diaper at night.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Good nites brand have a disposable one now that  you put over the sheets.  I wonder if that would help the blood noses?   DD is not a bed wetter but we bought a mattress cover that completely encases her mattress in plastic since she tends to spill things on bed.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I'll check those out. Is the plastic loud when she moves at night? Also, which is best for them? Foam mattress or innerspring?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Good nites brand have a disposable one now that  you put over the sheets.  I wonder if that would help the blood noses?   DD is not a bed wetter but we bought a mattress cover that completely encases her mattress in plastic since she tends to spill things on bed.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Nope, it makes no noise unless she is jumping on the bed then you get the swishing sound.  We have an inner spring set but i am sure they would work on any mattress.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Zippered-Mattress-Cover/23703477

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I'll check those out. Is the plastic loud when she moves at night? Also, which is best for them? Foam mattress or innerspring?

Quoting frndlyfn:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Thanks! I meant which is best for the kids lol; foam or innerspring? I don't wanna mess up their backs or anything.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Nope, it makes no noise unless she is jumping on the bed then you get the swishing sound.  We have an inner spring set but i am sure they would work on any mattress.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Oh whichever they are comfortable with i guess.   DD has only had an inner spring one after toddler bed which i think was spring as well.   Best to ask the doctor for their recommendations.  

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Thanks! I meant which is best for the kids lol; foam or innerspring? I don't wanna mess up their backs or anything.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN