Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bed/Mattress Sizing

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

If the bed is 79 inches and the mattress is 75 inches, is that okay? Or does it leave too much room? I cannot seem to find a mattress big enough. The twin XL is 80 inches so that of course is too big. Please help! I know I'm getting annoying with all these questions. Sorry!

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Bump!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Bump!

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Bump!

Traci_Momof2
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

My kids twin beds seem to be that way as well.  The bed itself is about 4 inches longer than the mattress, so there is a gap.  It's never caused a problem for my kids.  I just always put the gap at the foot end of the bed.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Would you think it would be safe for a 2 year old? I'm worried that she might get stuck in between.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

My kids twin beds seem to be that way as well.  The bed itself is about 4 inches longer than the mattress, so there is a gap.  It's never caused a problem for my kids.  I just always put the gap at the foot end of the bed.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Traci_Momof2
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM

My oldest was 2 when he moved to the twin sized bed.  He never got stuck.  If you're concerned though perhaps you could stuff a blanket or pillows in the gap.  Would make it a little harder for her to get stuck in there.  Just kind of thinking out loud.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Would you think it would be safe for a 2 year old? I'm worried that she might get stuck in between.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I see what you mean. One more question, is the gap really noticeable?

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

My oldest was 2 when he moved to the twin sized bed.  He never got stuck.  If you're concerned though perhaps you could stuff a blanket or pillows in the gap.  Would make it a little harder for her to get stuck in there.  Just kind of thinking out loud.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Traci_Momof2
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Not on our beds.  Once you get the comforter or other bedding on it, then it's really not noticeable.

I remember when we first got their beds and put the mattresses on them, I thought it was quite odd that the mattress was shorter than the bed.  I had some of the same thoughts you are having.  But it really hasn't been an issue at all.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I see what you mean. One more question, is the gap really noticeable?

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it would be ok. Just arrange it so there is a 2 inch gap at the top and bottom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)