Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help me please

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son is a month old he's not collic but gets so mad and just screams I try everything to calm him down but only car rides seem to work but I can't drive him around every time he throws a fit any advice on what could be going on or what to try
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Maybe he is gassy. My daughter is 2 months and that's really the only time she is very fussy.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Have you tried swaddling and doing a swaying/dipping motion while carrying him? Or maybe buckle him in his car seat and rock it back and forth.

RADmomma
by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Swaddle, shower or bath, gas, too hot, two cold, tag poking from the clothes, wear in ergo, change the scenery, check diaper, burp & feed... Those are all my check points. Not in that order.

My 5 month old was super fussy from one to two months. I tried everything I could think of.

It's also possible he's going through a growth spurt.

Does he act in pain? Is he breasted or formula? Maybe something isn't agreeing with his belly?
carolina_gal
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Great tips.

Quoting RADmomma:

Swaddle, shower or bath, gas, too hot, two cold, tag poking from the clothes, wear in ergo, change the scenery, check diaper, burp & feed... Those are all my check points. Not in that order.

My 5 month old was super fussy from one to two months. I tried everything I could think of.

It's also possible he's going through a growth spurt.

Does he act in pain? Is he breasted or formula? Maybe something isn't agreeing with his belly?

trainlady
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I had two solutions to gassy babies. First was put them either in a car seat and fasten it to the top of the dryer and turn it on. The motion felt like they were riding in a car and after a little bit they would stop crying. But either stand there with them or fasten the seat so it doesn't wiggle off the dryer. Second was the actual car ride. And a lot of the time it only took turning on the car and not actually driving around. The motion of the car running would settle them down. Another thing is when you change the diaper and you are done and the baby is laying on its back gently take hold of the feet and pull the legs out straight and then gently bend the knees and push them up towards the stomach. Do it gently and the baby will probably pass gas while you are doing that. It will probably take a few pumps like this for the gas to come out. There is one other thing that may be bothering the baby, sometimes they have hip problems and when you are bending the knees and hips it hurts. If it turns out to be this you need to take him to the doctor immediately.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM

So sorry your son is colicky. Have you discussed it with his pediatrician? Sometimes colic is caused by allergies and sometimes it could even be a headache, but your pediatrician should be able to help you narrow down the root cause and help you get your little one happy.

Quoting goincrazy2:

My son is a month old he's not collic but gets so mad and just screams I try everything to calm him down but only car rides seem to work but I can't drive him around every time he throws a fit any advice on what could be going on or what to try

Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Poor baby. Definitely try swaddling. Have you talked to his pedi about it?

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM

At that age, something is hurting or he wouldn't be screaming. Try the tip about bending his legs up to his tummy, that always helped with mine. Have you talked to your pediatrician? Good luck.

luvtohunt
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Also white noise is good. My baby is 7 weeks, and a hair dryer ir vaccum is a lifesaver when he is fussy. Also, bounce with him on an exercise ball.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I did swaddling, swaying, rocking, and dipping with mine and they were fine. It even worked (for the most part) with my very colicky SS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN