Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (May 11th)

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Guardevon
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi, I'm not your typical mom.  I'm 56, have 2 kids, Triston my son 30, Cierra-Jade my daughter 25 with a 3 yr daughter.  I live in Reno NV both my kids were raised here, my daughter was born at Renown and my son San Mateo CA.  I guess I'm joining your group to not be so lonely.  My kids don't speak to me or want me any longer.  They don't forgive me for my second husband introducing us to a lifestyle of drugs and homelessness for so many years.  4 years he passed away from drugs we both were doing that night.  It pretty much thru me into PTSD for a while there.  Lost a lot of weight.  My husband was a drummer and chef, I sang professionally, play 7 instruments, piano the main one since I was 5 yrs old, and karaoke sing when I can to keep my voice in practice and I know 4000 songs from 1930s to 2013.  I love dancing and movies, or movies at home with popcorn candy cokes and friends.  Most important I am Christian and live the christian life now.  Thanks for reading and God Bless

Clear

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM

hi,  wlecome to  cafemom!!!!  so you have 2 adult kids & 1  grandchild? but your kids dont talk to you?? that's so sad hun im sorry. im sorry you're lonely too. we have so many groups on here that can  help you  find others as well with your interest,  theirs plenty of groups for all !!!! ill try  to link a few but im bad at that lol check out the post about other groups to look  into. Im glad you joined & you will  for sure find support & friends & things to do on here!!! you're not alone momma!! & BTW it wasnt YOU its the man  you married that did the bad stuff.. do they know that? are you still with him?

Quoting Guardevon:

Hi, I'm not your typical mom.  I'm 56, have 2 kids, Triston my son 30, Cierra-Jade my daughter 25 with a 3 yr daughter.  I live in Reno NV both my kids were raised here, my daughter was born at Renown and my son San Mateo CA.  I guess I'm joining your group to not be so lonely.  My kids don't speak to me or want me any longer.  They don't forgive me for my second husband introducing us to a lifestyle of drugs and homelessness for so many years.  4 years he passed away from drugs we both were doing that night.  It pretty much thru me into PTSD for a while there.  Lost a lot of weight.  My husband was a drummer and chef, I sang professionally, play 7 instruments, piano the main one since I was 5 yrs old, and karaoke sing when I can to keep my voice in practice and I know 4000 songs from 1930s to 2013.  I love dancing and movies, or movies at home with popcorn candy cokes and friends.  Most important I am Christian and live the christian life now.  Thanks for reading and God Bless

Clear

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So sorry to hear this ..
Keep trying with your kids ok?  Talk to them or at least try.
Here is another group you may find helpful.  I sent you a friend request.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Guardevon:

Clear

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hi, welcome to cafemom. I'm not the typical mom either, 66 and raising a 6 year old great granddaughter. There is a place for everyone here. I don't know what I'd do without this group to cry in, vent in , and share my joys in. I am so glad you turned your life around, maybe eventually you will become closer to your kids again.

Quoting Guardevon:

Clear

mylilblueberry9
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Hi Im Olivia and Im 7 weeks and 2 days. Im very excited to be having my first baby.

mylilblueberry9
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

BUMP!

TheQueen76
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Hello, I am a wife and mother of three girls, live in the tornado city..lol... I have my own Boutique at (http://tildenboutique.kitsylane.com/join/cRXfjJw)..please come have a look. tks I enjoy reading and writing and watching movies.
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Olivia,
Congrats on being pregnant with your first baby!
Here is another group you may find helpful :)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting mylilblueberry9:

Hi Im Olivia and Im 7 weeks and 2 days. Im very excited to be having my first baby.

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting TheQueen76:

Hello, I am a wife and mother of three girls, live in the tornado city..lol... I have my own Boutique at (http://tildenboutique.kitsylane.com/join/cRXfjJw)..please come have a look. tks I enjoy reading and writing and watching movies.

KatanaGirl01
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I signed up a couple weeks ago but havent really had the chance to sit down and write, finally enjoying some peace & quiet and am now replying to messages & chats!

1 How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  11.5 years old & I have a son

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Oshawa Ontario Canada & I now reside in Stirling Ontario Canada

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? I met my husband on plenty of fish 10 years ago i was leery signing up for it but im glad i did as my husband is the best!

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? read, check out forums for moms, go for walks with friends window shop lol

5. What's on your mind today? wishing it wasnt so dreary & cold out on this may 11th day!

I look forward to getting to know you all,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)