Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Beauty pageants

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
I want to put my baby girl in a pagant but my husband refuses she is 3months an i would stop when she turns 2 before it gets wild with all the make up but she is beautiful an i think she would do good he hates the thought he seen toddlers and tiaras an flipped he said his child would never do it am i wrong for wanting to or is he right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avasmama1375
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
My daughter is beautiful also and I wanted to put her in a pageant as a baby but she is 2 1/2 now and iv never had the money:/ u aren't wrong for wanting to as long as ur not one of those crazy moms that takes it too far but on the other hand all ur husband has ever seen is those crazy moms on tv so u have to kinda of understand him not wanting that
JTMOM422
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

My dd has competed sine she was 10 months old. We don't do glitz pageants. We do natural pageants. I do her hair and very light makeup. She didn't get makeup til 3 and its just a clear mascara and some lip gloss. I don't think the all the makeup and expensive dresses are necessary. I buy dresses on eBay that a little nicer than Sunday dresses. The most I have ever spent on a dress was $50 

RelaxedMom2-3
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I think many more parents would do it if they didn't go overboard with it.  If it's something you want to try, go for it. She is your daughter too.

umsarah
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Why do you want to?

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hi! Welcome! Good luck! You have to watch for scammers though so be careful. Not sure if there is a cost.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

hmhawn
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Natural pageants would be okay but only if your husband is okay with it as well. Children should be children and I believe even "light" makeup is too much. I would never expose my daughter to the world of pagentry.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I'd consider it if it were a natural beauty type pageant rather than a glam pageant so they judge them based on what they look like without makeup and such. And if that's the type you're talking about, maybe explain that to him and how they're different?

Quoting Lilmama4909:

I want to put my baby girl in a pagant but my husband refuses she is 3months an i would stop when she turns 2 before it gets wild with all the make up but she is beautiful an i think she would do good he hates the thought he seen toddlers and tiaras an flipped he said his child would never do it am i wrong for wanting to or is he right

Reina13
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Personally I wouldnt do it. It is too easy to get caught up in it all. I would rather just enjoy my baby being a baby. Good luck though.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

elasmimi
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I sort of agree with this, I'm trying to teach my daughter that there is more to beauty than her appearance. But if you are going to do it, this is the best age, just my opinion.

Quoting Reina13:

Personally I wouldnt do it. It is too easy to get caught up in it all. I would rather just enjoy my baby being a baby. Good luck though.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I wouldn't, but that is me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)