Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What A Week Of Groceries Looks Like Around The World

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
4 moms liked this

http://fstoppers.com/what-a-week-of-groceries-looks-like-around-the-world

This is very interesting!! Whats a week worth of groceries for your family?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaleJ
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for posting this, I found it amazing and am planning on sharing it with my family. Of course the stark reality of plenty versus barely enough or perhaps not enough at all was a reminder of how much we all consume...and unfortunately waste in western society. Beyond that I found it fascinating to compare what families in different countries/cultures eat and to see their idea of what is necessary for a week. It isn't difficult to understand the obesity epidemic when you look closely at these pictures. 

My husband and I have just begun dieting and we need to rethink how we approach food and this illustrates that so clearly and directly, thank you so very much.

happymama0609
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this
That was very interesting. The american family honestly makes me sick, do people really eat that much crap a week?? We dont have much money But i damn sure make sure we eat healthy lol.

Chad broke my heart :(

As for germany, I want to go party with them! They look like they had some good drinks ;)
EmmeBee
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Besides all that soda in the back, my weekly groceries looks a lot Mexico.  Lots of fruits and veg, some grains, no meat (I'm a veg). 

Oh, my God, some of the more "industrialized" countries with all their processed food and barely anything fresh.  It's not surprising why we are a nation of sickies.

megz0511
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Wow, our house must not be the typical US house. We never have that much take out or junk. Two giant pizzas, plus I saw McDonald's, BK, taco Bell, and KFC, nope, not here. I'd say ours is most like Turkey. No pop here though, only water and milk.
photomom1979
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Wow, very interesting!
mommyakabooby
by Tree Charmer on May. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM

This is such a cool post! Mexico seemed to have the most vegetables, and the most pop. My family sure doesnt eat like the American family represented. We have lots of bread, vegetables, fruits, and milk. We never buy soda. Germany had a lot of beer. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I wasn't shocked by the photos, we eat according to our cultural history, so the Italian and Turkish families fit our profile, we eat a Mediterranean diet.

Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Chad made me tear up,that is so sad :-(

I have seen this before and I do find it quite interesting

I love the Tables that have all that fresh fruit and vegetables,looks so yummy

The table from Germany sure does have an awful lot of Drinks

momofamamasboy
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thank you for sharing. It was interesting to see what everyone's diet consists of. I want to go eat with the Italians!
lismore
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM
That's very interesting. It's bad that the USA had more crap on their table and people here wonder why they are obese!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)