Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone been to the Renaissance Fair?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm thinking of taking the kids this weekend, but I generally dislike being in the sun all day in crowds. Is is fun or over-rated? Thanks!!

by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmchoney
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My bf works there, from what I hear it's going to be fun this weekend for mothers day. Just remember lots of cleavage showing lol
coolmomma1968
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
i dont know i never went to one,
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yeah.  Been there once.  It was very expensive I thought.  Yes I went  on free tickets from a friend. But food, drinks etc. were to expensive.

Katenemsmom
by on May. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
very fun. Its as expensive as going to any amusement park or fair. Its really a unique experience and I encourage you to go.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Dh and the kids took me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. We had a good time... I had not been in almost 30 years and none of them had ever been. 

The food is $$ for fair food... I had hummus and it was $5 for a few TB of hummus with 4 pita chips...we got a funnel cake and it was $7 as was the bread pudding ( made from glazed doughnuts, served with ice cream and caramel sauce...,<--- soooo good!!) that we all shared. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes, we go every year and I really enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToolArmy066
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM
One time, my bil is a fairy lol. Its not really my kind of thing.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
We love going but it isn't cheap!
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

yes, there is one about an hour and a half away from my house, in Sterling I believe the name of the town is, in NY..  I loved it, there was a ton to do.. the one we have gone to is a permanent one.. not one that is like a county fair that moves around.. so it's a bit more authentic than some of the other ones, with a ton more to do.. 

It's pretty shaded with all the trees, so the sun typically isn't an issue.. although it is a lot of walking. 

Which one are you planning on going to?

RandiBear
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

It really depends on which one you're going to. DH and I LOVE them. He says it's the only time he doesn't feel weird wearing his kilt lol We are going to make it a yearly tradition to go to the Highland Weekend. DH goes every year but I haven't been able to go with him yet. Something always came up before we got married and then I got pregnant a few months after...and I was NOT waddling around a bunch of fairies (literal lol) at 7 months preg. After DS was born it just wasn't logical to do until this year (strollers are no fun in grass lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)