Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pagents..

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you let your kids compete in pageants? or would you? Well me and hubby are trying to get pregnant again, and we're hoping for a girl, and we really wanna put her in pageants, when I was little girl I competed in pageants and I loved getting dressed up and makeup done, I felt like a princess! Is this a good idea?

What do you think about pageants?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM
No
NDADanceMom
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM
No. My daughter is a competive dancer. Hair, makeup, fancy clothes. The whole glitz pageant thing is hysterical to watch with the odd poses and such but i wouldn't want my kids to do that.
Dance is athletic and to me it teaches more than some of the silly stuff you see on stage in toddlers and tiaras. What do you do with that? Miss America's don't pose and do facials like honey boo boo.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No to pageants.  I think that grows them girls up to quickly.  Some of them outfits and all the make up, hair do's etc. make them girls look like mini sluts.

Mamamanic
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I am not down on the pageants themselves. The children on the pageant shows make people not like them. They let their girls be total brats and some of the parents lack in parenting skills. I like the more natural competitions, I don't think a child should have to get a spray tan to compete in glitz. It is all about balance in life. 

sweetsavannah10
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I would love to put my daughter in pagents! I think a little friendly competition is okay. But there is a line and a lot of "pagent moms" push these lines. 

.sugar.kisses.
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I was in pageants from the age of 6-17.

Love em. I'm now a pageant coach myself :)
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

It's not something we would be interested in for our children.

CarlyK23
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

No. That's horrible.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Golly NO. I have a daughter. No pageants. I think they're gaudy and... tacky. Sorry, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mom4awesomekids
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

No I would never do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN