Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I can't believe what my daughter brought into the house!!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 67 Replies
6 moms liked this

A rooster! It's one from our flock. I came in the house to the two of the watching TV together! He seems content,only it breaks my "no chickens in the house" rule. So he's out, I just had to snap a pic cause its cute!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

lol!

opal10161973
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine brough me a dessicated dragon fly.  I was like, "EWWWW!  Throw it away and go wash your hands." 

mommyakabooby
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting opal10161973:

Mine brough me a dessicated dragon fly.  I was like, "EWWWW!  Throw it away and go wash your hands." 

That is ewww! Lol!

– Ralph Waldo Emerson
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
6 moms liked this

Maybe the rooster needed a break from the hens  LOL.   A guy needs some alone time ya know.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Makes me think of some neighbors.  They got a rooster.  No one knew they had it.  In the yard in the middle of the city.  I'm hearing some crowing.  I thought I was dreaming.  I got up. Sure enough the neighbors had a rooster.  Someone called the police. They came and took it. That is not a animal they allow you to own in the city. 

mommyakabooby
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Maybe the rooster needed a break from the hens  LOL.   A guy needs some alone time ya know.

Lol! Idk, but he sure looked like he was enjoying himself! 

– Ralph Waldo Emerson
mommyakabooby
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Makes me think of some neighbors.  They got a rooster.  No one knew they had it.  In the yard in the middle of the city.  I'm hearing some crowing.  I thought I was dreaming.  I got up. Sure enough the neighbors had a rooster.  Someone called the police. They came and took it. That is not a animal they allow you to own in the city. 

They don't allow them in the city here either. I think it's like a 500$ fine if you have one. Pretty steep if you ask me

– Ralph Waldo Emerson
celestegood
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
The law was the same here until a few years ago. Then they changed the laws making it legal to own chickens.

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

They don't allow them in the city here either. I think it's like a 500$ fine if you have one. Pretty steep if you ask me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Chickens & roosters where I live just prove you have a student who participates in The San Diego Small Animal Fair and they most likely live in the Grossmont school district.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM

This is so cute!! And that he just sat there and let her hold him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN