Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you think people are born gay/lesbian, or heterosexual?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 131 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you?

Options:

yes

no

some are, and some choose to be

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 189

View Results

by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Of course
kayleesmom42328
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
4 moms liked this
No it's a choice
Kris_PBG
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I know they are.
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope I sure don't.
CarlyK23
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes....it's proven. Sexuality is something developed by age 2-3

Kris_PBG
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM
What is your sexual orientation?

Quoting kayleesmom42328:

No it's a choice

lovinmama411
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's a mixture of society and predisposition. They have genes that push them to being gay, but depending on how strong that urge they may deny it or embrace it. Family and society has an influence also. I don't think it's all due to just one thing. But I definitely believe 100% that it is not simply a "choice". That is absurd. 

raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Im bi and, I always used to feel ashamed of it.... idk why people would choose to be everyone automatically thinks you're an awful person for it... :(
lucyblue202
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
14 moms liked this

It is not a choice. If you think sexual orientation is a choice then please explain to me a couple of things...First off, if being gay is a choice why would anyone choose it? It's not easy being judged, ridiculed, unaccepted, and made to feel ashamed by many because of one's sexual orientation. So why on earth would someone choose to take the hard way? Also please explain to me exactly when you "chose" to be straight. How can you choose to FEEL something?  If I asked you to choose to be sexually attracted to the same sex right now, would that be possible for you? No, because that's not how it works. I am straight and I know I sure as hell couldn't just make a choice to become lesbian at any time I want to. The reason being is plain and simple...I am not sexually attracted to women. I don't ever remember sitting down one day, thinking it through real hard and making that choice. What I do remember is the first time I got a crush on a boy way back before I could even understand the concept of sexual orientation.Why didn't I get a crush on a girl? Not because I didn't choose to, but because that's just not what I am. Gay people don't choose to be gay just as straight people don't choose to be straight.

TigOlBitties
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Some are born gay/lesbian, some are born heterosexual.

In my personal view and opinion. I have two gay siblings, and the other 2 of us are straight. Same parents, same upbringing, different sexual orientations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)