Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So here the story. I went to the ER Tuesdays morning at about 230 with severe back pain. I had kidney stone about ten years ago also. So anyway they did and X-ray and said I had a 7.5mm kidney stone. So owner to the urologist Thursday. She sent me for a X-ray and ultra sound. Saying that I would probably have to have the surgery again like last time. So the results came back and the X-ray showed it hasn't moved at all its still sitting in my kidney. So she isn't convinced its a stone anymore. But what's throwing her is I have all the symptoms of one. So she sent me for a ct and I go back Monday to find out what we do. Now I have back pain but not too bad it's more like just an ache now. She is going to talk to the surgoen on monday to see ehat he thinks (shes a pa). Had anyone had the same thing happen? Has anyone had a kidney stone that didn't move at all before? Any input would help. Just stressing out now about what it could be. I am thinking the worse now because my dad had a tumor on his kidney before and kidney issues run in my family.

Update
So it's def a kidney stone and have to have surgery on Thursday.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (21-28):
irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Oh my! Glad you figured it all out and your recovering!

Quoting mommieof38829:

They tried crush it. But that didn't help, I passed a few crumbs. My stint blokes my kidney and had to be replaced. So I ended up having surgery. Where they cut my kidney open and went in and got it. Ugh talk about pain. But at least I didn't have to pass it. Because when I passed the crumbs, I had infection so bad it was awful. If I ever get another I have to go straight to the doctor for surgery. Because of having one kidney.

Quoting irishluck112211:

What did they end up doing to help you?

Quoting mommieof38829:

The day they did the ct, teu said I had a few in my left also. Well I went to the kidney doctor and he did x rays and a ct and come to find out my left kidney was the size of a dried up raisin!! It was dead!! Took these doctors here 29 years to figure that out:(

Quoting irishluck112211:

Omg that's crazy!

Quoting mommieof38829:

I had a stone the size of a d battery in my kidney for probably a good 3 years before I could get any doctor to do a ct.

mommieof38829
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thank you!! I hope everything works out for you. Keep us updated!!

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting mommieof38829:

They tried crush it. But that didn't help, I passed a few crumbs. My stint blokes my kidney and had to be replaced. So I ended up having surgery. Where they cut my kidney open and went in and got it. Ugh talk about pain. But at least I didn't have to pass it. Because when I passed the crumbs, I had infection so bad it was awful. If I ever get another I have to go straight to the doctor for surgery. Because of having one kidney.

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting mommieof38829:

The day they did the ct, teu said I had a few in my left also. Well I went to the kidney doctor and he did x rays and a ct and come to find out my left kidney was the size of a dried up raisin!! It was dead!! Took these doctors here 29 years to figure that out:(

Quoting irishluck112211:

Omg that's crazy!

Quoting mommieof38829:

I had a stone the size of a d battery in my kidney for probably a good 3 years before I could get any doctor to do a ct.

irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you and I will!

Quoting mommieof38829:

Thank you!! I hope everything works out for you. Keep us updated!!

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting mommieof38829:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting mommieof38829:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Omg that's crazy!

Quoting mommieof38829:

vetNmommy
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Nope. ): I have hundreds of cysts in both kidneys, they will not touch them, just help me manage the pain. 

Quoting irishluck112211:

Do sorry you have to suffer for years. They won't even blast them (forget what it's called) the don't have to open you or anything it's a big machine they do from you side.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I have had the same kidney stones since 2007.  They have not passed and no one will remove them since I have kidney disease, and messing with my kidneys will make it worse.  I just take pain meds when the pain gets bad. 

irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I hope your managing ok.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Nope. ): I have hundreds of cysts in both kidneys, they will not touch them, just help me manage the pain. 

Quoting irishluck112211:

Do sorry you have to suffer for years. They won't even blast them (forget what it's called) the don't have to open you or anything it's a big machine they do from you side.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I have had the same kidney stones since 2007.  They have not passed and no one will remove them since I have kidney disease, and messing with my kidneys will make it worse.  I just take pain meds when the pain gets bad. 

vetNmommy
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I'm doing pretty good ATM thank you! I actually see a new kidney doc on Tuesday. I was seeing one of the best in the country show specializes in my disease. ( poly cystic kidney disease) so well shall see what happens. 

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting vetNmommy:

irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Good luck and I will be thinking of you.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I'm doing pretty good ATM thank you! I actually see a new kidney doc on Tuesday. I was seeing one of the best in the country show specializes in my disease. ( poly cystic kidney disease) so well shall see what happens. 

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I had a Kidney Stone one time,it was so painful and made me ill,I felt like I wanted to throw up,I had to get a stent put in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN