Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should I have Tipped her??? piog

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I went to a Tattoo Studio yesterday for my tattoos (posted pics below). My husband and I had an appointment on Thursday at 12pm with a tattoo artist who was late. They kept texting and calling her, and she never responded. We waited an hour and decided to leave. The shop told us that we can reschedule, and they would give us a gift card for our inconvenience. Well my husband is deploying next week and didn't have much time. He decided to go to another tattoo shop that we heard was good and get his tattoo done there that day. I didn't have time for mine at that point, and we had to pay for a sitter. I decided to reschedule and give them another chance, especially since I would be getting a discount and I like her work. Anyway, she did a great job and was really apologetic. She was going to charge $120 for both, but only charged me $60!! I paid, thanked them, and then I left. Well, I was driving home and thought about a tip. Do you generally tip for a tattoo??? We have never tipped before since they are usually pricey anyway. $60 was a great price, and I was wondering if maybe I should have tipped. What do you think?

Excuse my veiny foot LOL

by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xmansmom08
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never tipped. Cute tattoos
NicolesMommy
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Not sure, google it :)

notabosley
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I usually do, if they don't charge reasonable prices, I don't use that artist.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I like your tatts! I know it's a common question, but I'm considering a tatt around my ankle, (like an anklette), representing my boys. How much did the tatt on your foot hurt?

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I tiped the gal who did mine. I like the stethoscope one!

punksjs
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I always tip, I love my tattoo artist.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yes, unless they own the shop, they get paid a max of 50% of the cost of the tattoo. And they have to pay booth rental fees.
So that girl made $30 for your tattoo.
Tattoo artists make the majority of their money off tips.
If they own the shop, its different. They get all the money. But you should still tip
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvia1011
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Thanks!!!  The tattoo hurt quite a bit lol!!  It didn't take long though.. maybe 30 mins.  The one on my lower leg didn't hurt too bad.  I didn't cry or anything.. but I said a couple bad words lol.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I like your tatts! I know it's a common question, but I'm considering a tatt around my ankle, (like an anklette), representing my boys. How much did the tatt on your foot hurt?

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I've never had a tattoo, so I have no idea. I think the general rule is that if someone is getting all the fee for themselves, no need to tip. If they have to give part of it to the business, then you do.

irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I always tip. But The guy who does mine i grew up with so he gives me an awesome deal. I have on tat that should have been over 300 he only charged me 120 for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)