Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mother in law drama help!!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 2 Replies
So my husband has always helped his mom with everything. She speaks nothing of English so bills ha to be paid he'd call. Problems with anything he'd call and talk to whoever to try to fix it.
When we first started dating his mom seemed like SHE wanted him. I'd be there at their house shed get home from work and once she seen me she'd complain of a headache and ask him for a rub.

We got married, i had an apartment for a while. then we becme pregnant and his mom insisted we live with her to HELP with bills so I thought why not I'm not going to be mean.

Everything was fine until she thought she could still yell at my husband saying its his job to move the car into the driveway ( she woul park in the street so supposedly got a ticket which she didn't not mention until she wanted to tell at us a month later about) also she says she didn't have a receipt for it when she paid it . Yea right. I'm assuming there was no ticket at all she just wanted to yell.

On top of that she was dating a man that she knew for about 5 months that did speak anything of Spanish and she became pregnant. And always yelled for my husband when they could not communicate to each other. ( my husband is not the only child he has a 18 yr old bother there as well) can't he help . No cause he's been baby his whole life.

When it was time to deliver my son she got mad because we did not want her in the room. So his brother texted my husband saying " you made my mom cry" ahhh hello it is our day!!!!! Not hers! Then when we finally have him cleaned and in our room we call to tell her if she's going to visit her grandson. Her response " what grandson" my husband clicked on her.

So now we have our house and he doesn't speak to her all the time because it seems to me it's ecause of me. He says she's just weird now so he doesn't want to talk to her.

What should I do? She's always inviting him over and never me,him and our son. But when we do visit she's all nice to me. But when tey talk she speaks as if she's talking to him all sexy it seems. Or sometimes sad like oh please help me come back type.

It makes me so mad!!!
Should I just forget the past or just stay away. She doesn't visit us and she's always saying bring my so to visit ( her grandchild, which she said is not when he was born ) idk! She lost her job and lives 5 mins away.

But through all that I don't want to see her. I need advice!
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM

If you don't want to see her, then don't. If she wants to see her grandson, your dh can take him over to visit her and bring him back home so you don't have to interact. BUT, you might want to talk to your husband and take his feelings into account, too - does it hurt him that you don't want anything to do with his mom, or is he okay with that? If it bothers him, you might want to let go of the past and try to be nice by visiting her occasionally to make your husband happy.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I really dont think she is trying to talk to him sexy. She's his mother. If you dont want to visit, dont. Invite her to you house if you want. If she doesn't come, oh well.

I might be missing something but I dont really see that big of a problem. Either that or it just seems that way to me compared to the stuff I've been through with my IL's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)