Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

$tresses of a single mom!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

Are there any other single moms out there who sometimes just wanna give up?! Im a single mom of two girls 7 & 5. Some days are harder than some but im really feeling more down lately..my bills have taken over!!!!!!!! I had to turn my child down a happy meal & it killed me! I work full time & currently get no govt assistance..what is there for me to do! My only option at this point is picking up a 2nd job..which means less time w/my kids! ;( Anyone else feel my pain out there?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymommasgirl
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I feel ya.. I also have two kids and sometimes I jus feel overwhelmed...@ my job I can get a lot of overrtime but I jus would love to make good $ and not have to work over or find a 2nd job..
Jasmine107
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I get paid decent money & also have the option to do alot of ot & i do but the bills r endless! At this point i feel like moving with my mom just so i can buy my kids the things i need instead of paying rent & the rest of the bills ugh!

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Any chance you could ask your current employer for a raise or try to find a higher paying job? I know, it's easier said than done.

Good luck!

Jasmine107
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I actually just applied for a higher position at my current job but did not get it :/ My dependability has been great until these past 2 months..i have been overwhelmed with my bills & some days cant even put gas in my car to get to work...i work 45mins away!

jtsmommie0104
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

When I was a single mom I would do OT after bed time. I would have a sitter come and watch DS a few hours at night and I would make doubletime and a half. It was time that I would have been sitting at home watching TV or on the internet anyway. 

jtsmommie0104
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Would it be easier to move closer to work?

Quoting Jasmine107:

I actually just applied for a higher position at my current job but did not get it :/ My dependability has been great until these past 2 months..i have been overwhelmed with my bills & some days cant even put gas in my car to get to work...i work 45mins away!

Jasmine107
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Currently my job is offering OT from midnight to 3am...i am starting to do it every night possible..I dont have extra money for a sitter right now so its more gas to go drop them to my moms house. I have thought about moving closer to job but the area isnt so great plus i love my kids school & i hate to take them away! Also being a single parent i dont have much help..my mom works & right now i have some1 to pick up my kids from school everyday that i can trust. If i move..i wont have any1! Just a sticky situation for me

My42boys
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I can relate to the moving back in with your mom to get you caught up financially. It was hard because I felt as if I was going backwards but it made me smile when my oldest smiled when I was able to get that happy meal. Just weigh out your options. Always remember too, you were the 1 that was the most hurt when you couldn't get that happy meal, kids don't hold on to pain like we do as moms. I used to do free outside activities to make up for the things I couldn't get, and to this day that's what my oldest son remembers, not the time I couldn't get his McDonald's that he cried all the way home over :) 

Jasmine107
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM

awwww! your right! I take them to the park more often now than i did before but to be able to buy them clothes, take them to the movies, bowling, etc again would be great! Ive never struggled before til now & i hate it! Also im renting an apt so to break my lease will set me back even more..credit wise.

des-momma
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Even tho I am not a single mother anymore u can relate. I was a single mother with 2 kids at 17 I was working full time school full time and a mother full time. I didn't have any family and child support or anything government help. It does get easier and better but it gets harder before it does change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN