Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has anyone or do they now work at walmart?If so I have questions

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm trying for a job at walmart and have some questions.What can you wear when your on the floor?Does it have to be a certain color?How much do you start at because its been a long time since I worked and I dont know what minimum wage is?Thanks debra

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Replies (11-19):
LEMONS
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Thanks everybody

Christinaaz0919
by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM

they get paid every other Thursday. I worked there from Dec. 01-Feb. 07 then again from Oct. 11-Nov. 12

poietes
by Laura on May. 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Where I worked you had to wear tan to brown pants(I was garden mgr so I could wear jeans in the summer) and navy blue shirts. They have a tiered pay system depending on your postition. Cashiers are tier 3. So it would bemore than min wage. Also different store do have different rules they enforce. Ive worked in one store that succked and one I really loved. Good luck, I hope you get it and enjoy it.
kristinayates
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I worked in the deli. It was minimum wage . Worked from 130 to 1030 so never saw my son unless it was getting on the buss in the morning

Quoting LEMONS:

I'm trying for a job at walmart and have some questions.What can you wear when your on the floor?Does it have to be a certain color?How much do you start at because its been a long time since I worked and I dont know what minimum wage is?Thanks debra

roxiekittie
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM

its blue and khaki and its  suppose to be a "polo" shirt. well starting at wm depends on your expirence and stuff i started at 7.80 but in three years i was making 9.90 bc they screwed up my start pay and owed me like 2 raises. it also depends on your state idk what ur min wage is i know nys is 7.75? or 7.25 and we are going up to 9 idk when thats something u would have to ask them, and honestly i had nthing but bad expirences working for walmart, good luck! maybe and hopefully you wont have the same bad luck

scorpiobabes
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Around here, it's khaki pants or skirts, though I've seen jeans (night crew), and a blue shirt-most stores without writing. Federal minimum wage is $7.25, but cashiers at my so's store start around $8 or $9. We're in the Lehigh Valley part of PA.
nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Khaki pants and a dark blue shirt unless in lawn and garden, then you can wear a green shirt. My husband works a part time second job there and he started at $8.45 an hour. Wages also depend where you live, and cashiers make more than floor associates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I just looked up VA minimum wage online and it says it is $7.25 an hour.  $4.10 an hour for tipped employees in VA.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States  At the walmart here they wear the walmart blue shirts and black or khaki pants.

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Thank you everyone.I hope and pray I get it.Its been years since i've worked because I was a stay at home mom.Now due to massive medical bills I'm going back to work and scared to death.:( The personal manager is a friend so maybe that will help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN