Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mirena.... help?(newbie)

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 AM
  • 6 Replies
First off im new! I have an amazing 14mo girl and am getting married in aug. To my so of 5 years. I am 20 years old and am on my way to becoming a licensed EMT..... Now down to business. I have mirena iud and have had it for almost a year. Almost immediately (after two months of bleeding) i started having problems. I had numerous ct scans, ultra sounds, pregnancy test to figure out what my problem is/was but idk why i never realized it before... It must be the iud. Ive been having horrible stomach cramps,what feels like cervical pain that radiates down my leg,, 2 cysts that looked complex then disappeared,mood swings from hell,and ive been the same weight that i was at after i had my daughter.(which might i add is not okay) now your wondering well then get it out. I would of but i havent put the pices together till now amd idk what is a good form of bc besides this.(and this is not good) bc honestly stops working every pill ive tried has failed and i cant go cold turkey because im fertal mertal. I need experiances advice something. I am going to make an ob appt. With a new ob with in the week because now i think i have an infection because (tmi) im having watery clear discharge that smells so foul. Uh its horrible. 8'( thanks in advance!
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Maybe get the copper IUD instead? There are so many other options out there too, that are not the pill. I would definitely discuss it with your doctor when you go in and see what he/she says.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Welcome and Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!~

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Im sorry you are having issues. I think you definitely need to have a discussion with your gyn about other options.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

mila_ksmommy
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Thank you both and i agree has any one trued nuvo(sp) ring?
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

It sounds like you should talk to your doctor about other options that won't cause you so many problems. Sometimes it can take 4 or 5 tries to find the best method of birth control that works for you without all of those side effects. Good luck!! ((HUGS))

dtm1491
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I hated Mirena with a passion . Not even a week and I had UTI. I ended up back on the pill. Get that thing out and good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)