Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where's home?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 30 Replies
Ever feel like where you live just isn't "home"??

Is home where u grew up? A place that you have lived before? Have you not found "home" yet??
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I'm currently in Maine. We have lived her almost 4 years. This isn't home to me. My old state wasn't home either...

I hate the feeling that we need to find a place where we feel like we fit in, somewhere with that "ahh we're home" feeling. I don't know how to go about finding that place,
DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I live in Kansas City Missouri but home is where I was born and raised Philadelphia Pa.
JacksMom1221
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the beach and really feel at home there. But, I really love Kentucky. I love the seasons, the smells of different flowers, the mountains, the rivers and hiking, even the thunderstorms.

But I would love for "Home" to be my own personal island away from people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGirl1207
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Born & raised in Texas, but for me (as of right now) HOME would have to be in Florida where my older brother, his girlfriend, & my maternal aunt live and where I'll be moving to in August. Brother & I had a very rough childhood and as a result are pretty close so it feels weird not to have seen in him in a year. And after our mom died 5 years ago we both became closer to our aunt. She really stepped in and filled the void our mom's death left in our life.
And lastly Texas just doesn't feel the same after my mom's death & our father will not stop trying to control my life as long as I stay here so I am ready for the new chapter in my life to start in Florida.
Simple-Beauty
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'm also in KCMO, but Georgia is "home".

KC feels like home to me now though, I love this city.

Quoting DACIA79:

I live in Kansas City Missouri but home is where I was born and raised Philadelphia Pa.
WendyJR
by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Been in Florida for 4 years. Home is Pennsylvania where I grew up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Godfrey
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM

i live in maine also... this is  NOT my home... i cant wait to leave ... it is not a bad place its just not mine df is from alabama... and i have always dreamed of living in the south.... i think when i finally get to move in that direction ill find home there... ive always felt that way.. besides when my ex husband left me he moved in next door with  my ex friend... i really really dont like living next door to them i have no privacy at all!

Quoting RADmomma:

I'm currently in Maine. We have lived her almost 4 years. This isn't home to me. My old state wasn't home either...

I hate the feeling that we need to find a place where we feel like we fit in, somewhere with that "ahh we're home" feeling. I don't know how to go about finding that place,

Coco_81
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I live in Georgia. Born and raised here so it's home for me

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on May. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I live in NC and this is home to me. I lived in WV until I was 14 except my 2 years in KS. They both felt like home to me too. Ikea easy to please I guess.
RADmomma
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM
It's a great place to vacation but I just don't want to live here anymore.

Quoting Mrs.Godfrey:

i live in maine also... this is  NOT my home... i cant wait to leave ... it is not a bad place its just not mine df is from alabama... and i have always dreamed of living in the south.... i think when i finally get to move in that direction ill find home there... ive always felt that way.. besides when my ex husband left me he moved in next door with  my ex friend... i really really dont like living next door to them i have no privacy at all!

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN