Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Having another c section

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had a c section with my first child. The doctor has scheduled me for a c section with this baby. I was wanting to know will the experience be about the same or different?
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
youngmamma11
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
My second was way better. It was scheduled unlike my first which was after i had been in labor for hours. I wasn't nearly as tired or in pain as i was with my first ( but my first wasn't even that bad ). I knew what to expect so it all went really smooth. My recovery was just as great. I was off all pain meds within a week.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I had the same thing with my daughter after having an emergancy c-section with my son. Honestly, it was super relaxing! I actually fell asleep waiting for them to be ready for me!

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Why not give birth?
lilmama3189
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I have had 4 c-sections, the first was because they scared me & I just wanted my ds1 out asap & I wanted him to be okay so I asked for one. The second was supposed to be a vbac but it didnt work out that way :-/ my water broke but I didn't dialate so after 24 I needed a repeat c-section but they couldn't get the epidural in so I was knocked out. Both of those were a breeze because I was pumping on pure adreniline(spelling sorry**) my third was horrible because I was soo nervous.. it was just the anticipation that was killing me.. It was easier healing wise tho, I just knew what to expect.. I always think the worst possoble when it comes to stuff. Having multiple c-section is actually quite common. You have of a chance of being struck by lightening then something going wrong.. Usually they are easier for the drs too because they just go along where you were already cut..
29parentof2
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I had a emergency c section with my first son. So that's why I'm having one again

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Why not give birth?

29parentof2
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Thanks ladies for you alls input. I have been wondering how it would be the second time around. It is great knowing what day he will be here instead of wondering.
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I don't know,both mine were vaginal births..

BUMP

shortyali
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Healing was faster and I was more relaxed. I've had 3 sections and was upset that I couldn't have my vbac's but I had to have sections for different reasons each time. With my second I was up walking the second they removed my cath and iv. With my third I was begging to walk a few hours after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)