Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you only have one vehicle for your family? If so, how do you make it work when you both need the vehicle?

We're thinking of getting rid of one of our cars since DH just uses it to get to work and then it sits in the lot all day. I don't really go anywhere so I don't even need a car most days.  I can just drive him when I need the car.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Crashly
by WINNING! on May. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
No I own two cars... It's just dd and myself. Just incase something happens to one I still have the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I can no longer drive due to being legally blind so I don't need a car.Hubby takes our one car to work.

AimSnapHolz
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM

This. If it's an emergency, we get a cab or a ride.

Quoting TableforSeven:

We are a ZERO car family.  We walk or use public transportation.

chchchangez
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

We are a one car family. We live in an urban area right by BART (train) and the train goes to downtown SF where I work. Its much quicker and more convenient than driving into the city. This also frees me up from any school drop off/pick ups. I pretty much only drive on wkds since we can walk everywhere from our place.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Yes we are. We work opposite hours so when he gets home, I take the van to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Yes, emergencies we have friends to help...or a cab as a last resort.

Quoting AimSnapHolz:

This. If it's an emergency, we get a cab or a ride.

Quoting TableforSeven:

We are a ZERO car family.  We walk or use public transportation.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
For right now yes. We will be getting a truck soon & trading this soccer mom van in for a SUV woohooo.
poshkat
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Yes and usually it's fine but now we have 2 flat tires and dh is using his job's truck until the rim (which I told him to get a new one 2 weeks ago) comes in and he's supposed to get a new tire for the other one tonight after work.

I'm like you, I don't have the need to go out much so I don't need a car but I'm seriously considering getting a second one because of this and dh's insistence that he can "fix" things, like the cracked rim.
daytonbaby210
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Yes, I live somewhere where I can use someones elses car but once we move out we will be getting a second one there is no point in not haivng two.

deadlights86
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM

dh doesn't drive no no need for 2 cars. I just take him to work and pick him up or he walks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)