Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you only have one vehicle for your family? If so, how do you make it work when you both need the vehicle?

We're thinking of getting rid of one of our cars since DH just uses it to get to work and then it sits in the lot all day. I don't really go anywhere so I don't even need a car most days.  I can just drive him when I need the car.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

DH rides his bike everywhere so we just have my durango

bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on May. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Oh lord no! Lol we both work ft and each have our own cars plus DH has a Camero he drives occasionally on the weekend.
KME3
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM
We have opposite shifts.. He works days I work nights. We are actually getting a second car this weekend... I'm growing tired of the stresses of having one car. Been six and a half years with one car...it just puts too much stress on one vehicle with all the driving... Especially since we live in the desert you see many cars broken down on the side of the road here..some of them brand knew most not...
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM

one car

jojo_star
by Jojo on May. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Nope, Dh has a car, I have a car, and our oldest has a car. 

theresaphilly
by Theresa on May. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

We have more than one vehicle, we are on the go alot, work, after school activities, gymboree, exercising, starbucks ... We need more than one vehicle.

VarelaClan
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Sort of. We have our family car and a sports mobile. My husband only works 2.7 miles from our house. So, if I need the car, I take him to work. Neither of us wants to drive the sports mobile around town. He comes home for lunch most days. So sometimes I'll take him back to work, if I need the car in the afternoon. Once we sell our house and finally be abke to move, we'll probably need another vehicle. Until then, this works for us.
spicy_n_sweet
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

We are a no car family and have been for over 20 years.  Works wonderfully for us. However, I know it's not a feasible option for many people.

ChillC23
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Well my husband works for a family company so he can take off say if we have doctor apointments and such, but if all else fails a family member helps out if I need a ride
jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We have 2 vehicles but only use one currently

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)