Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My sister just called me freaking out....

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 86 Replies

she caught her 15 year old having sex.....(eta,the 15 year old is a girl).What I don't get is that Tacha (my sis) says she refused her daughter's request to be taken to an OB...to get birth control.If I were Vada's mom I would want her to be safe,I would definitely put her on some form of birth control (and possibly even buy her condoms).My sis said that if she refuses to help that Vada will just have to STOP having sex.Hopefully but not logical-at least I don't think so.

I am on my way to work,so I may not get back to this until tonight.But,go ahead and debate on-lol. Would you help your daughter get birth control or do you think like Tacha does that if you don't help your kid will just magically stop?!

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd get her birth control. She's only 6 now and we already have a good dialog about her body and where babies come from, hopefully we'll continue that and I won't get taken by complete surprise.
sue5109
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Definitely get her birth control. At least she was mature enough to ask for it. Yes fifteen is way too young to be having sex but since she already is she isn't going to stop now...
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I agree that she should get her on BC.Have a grown up talk about sex to. I dont believe in telling teens NOT to do something when you are not with them 24/7. Forbidding just makes them want to do it more. If she sits her down and has a grown up talk about it, even have her talk to a Dr about it, she may or may not stop, but at least she will know the best way to do it safely.

soccermomma72
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Get her BC

kurmom
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
She isn't going to stop! Lol. Has your sister seen teen mom? 16 and pregnant? I would def get her on some bc, but I would also make it very clear that I am not happy with her choice, that its not okay to have sex so young, and I would then be keeping some extra tight boundaries!!!
gramattmom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Even though I wouldnt like my daughter having sex at 15 if I KNEW she was having sex I would rather pay for birth control then support a baby...

kydandar
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

She is not going to be able to stop her and she did try to ask her mom before hand. I think she should put her on birthcontrol and sit her down and have a real good talk.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
If your sister won't take her to the on to get on BC and we all know not getting her on BC is just asking for her daughter to become pregnant, why don't you take her to planned parenthood and get her on some? Yes its going behind your sisters back but obviously her daughter is old enough to ask for and be responsible in that area, the Dr will talk to her about all sex anyways.
KyBugsMommy815
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I would definitely put her on birth control, buy her condoms, etc. Better to have your daughter having SAFE sex than having sex and getting pregnant or an STD. If she's already having sex, shes not going to stop just because her mom wont get her protection!

WendyJR
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM

She won't stop. Your sister is going to end up a grandma.

If it were my daughter 1. she would be grounded 2. we would be having a serious talk about sex 3.  she would be on some sort of birth control 4. we would be going to the gyno for a visit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)