Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I called the cops on a bus driver!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
This happened outside of my district on my way to work. I take a very curvy 2 lane road to my sales territory. It was about 9:30am... so im assuming this was a field trip.

I got behind the bus at an intersection with a stop light. after the light she stopped for what appeared to be no reason, right in the middle of the road. She was two cars i front of me and we all waited patiently until the bus started moving again.

About a mile down the road I noticed smoke coming fro. the right rear tire. It was minimal, but it got worse and no one in front of me were making any attempts to notify the driver.

Then we came to a stop light and when the bus stopped the smoke was horrible! Kids opening the window scared and trying to get fresh air.

WHEN THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN SHE STARTED TO GO!!!!!At this point she HAD to have known something was wrong by the behavior of the bus load of kids! I freaked out!

I started honking my horn because it was clear that the two cars in front of me intended on doing nothing.

She pulled over, bus still smoking, I got out and went up to the door. Kids were screaming "get me out of here" and the bus driver was messing with some switch. She finally opened the door and said her break was stuck! And that it had been stuck and she implied that she knew she was driving it like this all along! ON A DOWN HILL CURVY ROAD FOR ABOUT 5 MILES!!!!

She seriously could have burst into flames while driving a bus loaded with school kids!

When I realized, through all of the smoke, that she had no intentions of evacuating the kids, I called 911 and left when the police got there.

Scarey to think idiots like that are driving our kids around!!!!
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Good for you. Glad someone was looking out for those kids.

working-girl
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Hope I did the right thing!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Safety first.  I would do that if i saw any vehicle in trouble.  The driver may have not known about the faulty brakes at pick up.  Really no choice but to get out of traffic though if it is a downhill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN