Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have to confront a parent at the bus stop tomorrow and I am not sure how to approach them or what to say exactly.

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 34 Replies

Today my daughter got off the school bus and told me that a boy that was put next to her on the bus has been telling her he wants to knock her out and drown her in the river. This is NOT okay. The bus driver called the dad, my daughter had informed the driver and he took immediate action. But the driver also told me it might help if I say something to his dad parent to parent because sometimes the dad gets angry with the driver for saying anything that his kid did.

Of course I had already decided to do this, but he was gone by the time my daughter told me what happened.
So now I have to say something to him first thing in the morning at the bus stop. I do not want to come off as rude or angry or anything else. I simply want to let him know that I am not happy about his child saying these things to my child.
How should I approach him? What should I say?

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSVDP
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

BUMP!

Jessicataylor02
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I would say exactly that. Just let him know that his son us out of line when he says those to your daughter and that you would like him to talk to his son about It
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Cut to the chase and tell him how you feel outright. 

RunningMommaof2
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Maybe you can just say that you're sure he has heard about it already, but you're concerned for your daughter and just wanted to discuss his plans to make it stop.
Lottie925
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I would contact the school to make sure it's documented. Then I would approach him and ask if he is aware of what happened? See what his response is. He may be apologetic and already punishing his son. If not, just explain that you just want o make sure it won't happen again.
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi are you ---'s dad? I'm (your name), ----'s mom. I hate to bother you but my daughter told me your son threatened to knock her out and drown her? Is something going on in your home to make your son so agressive towards a girl he sees on the bus? Take control of the situation because an other threat and I will take it serious. A single finger on her and I will see you in court. Good morning to you.

One way conversation, inform him and get out of there.
AimSnapHolz
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, I'd be too busy thinking about knocking him out and drowning him in a river, so I'm of no help.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
After that conversation, if someone told me what I just said, I would tell my kid to sit 6 rows away from that moms kid to avoid any more issues.
elzingah36
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I agree with "my4kids274". Cut right to the chase. I understand your not looking for a fight here but please,don't be timid around this guy. Sounds like we all know where this boy gets his BS from...his old man. The bus driver even sounded a little intimidated by the boys father as well. Stand your ground girl and let him know you will not allow your DD to be bullied or intimidated by anyone and neither yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty good but personally,I'd leave out the "is something happening at home" part. That's a little to intrusive and possibly could be seen as combative.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Hi are you ---'s dad? I'm (your name), ----'s mom. I hate to bother you but my daughter told me your son threatened to knock her out and drown her? Is something going on in your home to make your son so agressive towards a girl he sees on the bus? Take control of the situation because an other threat and I will take it serious. A single finger on her and I will see you in court. Good morning to you.

One way conversation, inform him and get out of there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)