Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Pro-Life OR Pro-Choice

Options:

Pro-Life

Pro-Choice

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 96

View Results

So, I have always had Pro-Life feelings....I just feel that these are babies being killed, or well, as some word it: terminated.

I am a very religious person, and I will admit that that has a strong influence on my opinion. But then my medical background also comes into play-- babies, as tiny as they may be or  "fetuses" are literally ripped apart and then slowly taken out of the mothers womb. Yes, that's exactly what happens. So, when people make comments about it being the woman's choice, I'mleft feeling very sad....no, in most cases these are women who are very worried about the situation that they are in....they're not married, they don't have a job or stable home among other things...but I feel they are left feeling that this is their only way out, especially when a doctor is willing to take care of the "problem" for a couple of dollars. All these articles coming out on abortion clinics should be paid attention to, the fact that the media had more coverage on the Michael Vick issue makes me wonder, and this is just what we know, can you imagine all the stories we don't know about. I would never look down on a woman who has had an abortion but I wish some of these woman would stop and really think about the decision they are about to make......

What is your opinion on this matter and why so?? Please no hateful comments. We are all woman, we need to start uplifting each other not putting each other down.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
momcrew4
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree that life should always be respected, and I would say that women should explore all options before deciding on abortion. It should not be entered into lightly, or without reflection. For me, the bottom line is a woman's right to choose what will happen to her own body. I believe in free will, and that God gave it to us in order for us to choose freely. I don't believe anyone should be able to take that away from us. Of course, that means also that we are responsible for the decisions we make. Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

Lili0509
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

You know, I wasn't going to reply to anyones comment individually.....but I just wanted to thank you for commenting your personal opinion while still respecting mine. I really don't understand the need to get ugly with one another when we disagree, but well I don't regret posting this question or my opinion. Its such a difficult matter and a very sad one. I just wanted to take the time to thank you.

Quoting momcrew4:

I agree that life should always be respected, and I would say that women should explore all options before deciding on abortion. It should not be entered into lightly, or without reflection. For me, the bottom line is a woman's right to choose what will happen to her own body. I believe in free will, and that God gave it to us in order for us to choose freely. I don't believe anyone should be able to take that away from us. Of course, that means also that we are responsible for the decisions we make. Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

j3st3r
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I firmly believe that no one's religious beliefs (including my own) should be factored into another's medical decisions.  

Laws limiting abortion access lead to impoverished women and babies, as well as an increased likelihood of domestic violence.

If God has a problem with it, let each woman face that when the time comes.  Until then, if you don't like abortion, don't have one.

stephs5isenough
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

PRO~LIFE.

Click my tag to follow me to:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS~

Where we Pray, Play and Learn Together

stephs5isenough
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What we should really be concerned with is the rights of the unborn baby to not be killed by what should be a loving mother.

Anyone who thinks what a pregnant mother is carrying is not a baby should take a look at this abortion video.

CAUTION~~~Very Disturbing 

Abortion is Murder.

We are Praying, Playing and Learning Together at

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS

Click my tag to follow me there.

Gusandruca
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe that abortion is a defining mark in the degredation of our society.

The argument that "I don't care what other women do, it's not my business" is a total cop-out.  The consensus on fast food and GMO's is that it's bad for us.  I don't eat crap and I don't feed crap to my kids. However, I still feel that it's my resposibility to discourage others from doing so.

DanNStevesmom
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I am pro choice. While  I don't think I could ever have an abortion, I think it should be every indiviudal woman's choice for their circumstances. I would not want anyone telling me what I should or shouldn't do with my body (especially a man trying to tell me what to do). If a woman is old enough to have sex, then she should 1- be prepared for what the consequences are, 2- knnow what her options are and 3- be able to make a choice as she sees fit for her life/body.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on May. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

People are going to do what they want. Anyway I do not believe in stuffing my beliefs on women. It's obvious that folks care more about dogs than they do children. 

Cubanmom84
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Pro- Choice all the way...

ericahager2005
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I'm prochoice. For all the reasons stated here. Just because a person is prochoice doesn't mean they aren't religous. Jews (from a religous standpoint) for example don't see a fetus as a baby until it could survive on its own outside the womb. It also teaches us to put mother's health first as baby cannot survive if mom does not. Wii
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)