Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Pro-Life OR Pro-Choice

Options:

Pro-Life

Pro-Choice

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 96

View Results

So, I have always had Pro-Life feelings....I just feel that these are babies being killed, or well, as some word it: terminated.

I am a very religious person, and I will admit that that has a strong influence on my opinion. But then my medical background also comes into play-- babies, as tiny as they may be or  "fetuses" are literally ripped apart and then slowly taken out of the mothers womb. Yes, that's exactly what happens. So, when people make comments about it being the woman's choice, I'mleft feeling very sad....no, in most cases these are women who are very worried about the situation that they are in....they're not married, they don't have a job or stable home among other things...but I feel they are left feeling that this is their only way out, especially when a doctor is willing to take care of the "problem" for a couple of dollars. All these articles coming out on abortion clinics should be paid attention to, the fact that the media had more coverage on the Michael Vick issue makes me wonder, and this is just what we know, can you imagine all the stories we don't know about. I would never look down on a woman who has had an abortion but I wish some of these woman would stop and really think about the decision they are about to make......

What is your opinion on this matter and why so?? Please no hateful comments. We are all woman, we need to start uplifting each other not putting each other down.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Replies (51-58):
juju40
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

pro-life and that's my choice

Candace_W
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm pro life I think no one should get a abortion it is murder. Call it what you want a fetus a baby, whatever but as soon as you get pregnant there is a life inside you and you shouldn't kill it for your own selfish reasons.
audobunette
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

As women, I would luv to see us united, supportive of each woman's individual choice, wether to have a baby or not. Who knows what I would do if I got pregnant from a rape/incest? I dunno if I could ever have an abortion, but I believe it should be legal always. We should keep religion out of legislation/laws.

Barabell
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I believe in religious freedom, so until people can prove to me whether or not abortion is wrong without involving religion--I'm going to be pro-choice.

I'm not going to impose my religious beliefs about pregnancy and when life begins on other people.

sallymoon
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I need an "other" or "neither" option for the poll.  I refuse to claim either title.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I'm pro-life in the sense I've never had an abortion. For me, personally, it was never an option. (and never a decision I had to make)

I don't think it's my place to force my beliefs onto another person. Every woman has to make the choice that's right for her. God gave us free will.

I wouldn't presume to think that making the decision to have an abortion is one made lightly. And the woman (women) who have made the decision to have one, live with that, however they do, every day.

I think, I have more respect for a woman who chooses abortion, than one who keeps her child and neglects, verbally or physically abuses him/her.

I have no respect for a woman who uses abortion as birth control. (I 'met' one in nursing school)

jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I am pro-life when it comes to myself. I firmly believe that having an abortion simply because you don't want the inconvenience of a pregnancy (assuming that you chose to have sex--rape is another matter entirely) is wrong.

HOWEVER, politically I am pro-choice. You say that you wish "some of these women would stop and really think about the decision they are about to make". Some don't, but many do. For many women, an abortion is not a capricious decision but a heart-wrenching and unbelievably difficult choice.

There are so many situations where women and couples have to make the difficult decision to terminate a pregnancy that don't fit into the box of "I had sex and whoops, now I'm pregnant, but I don't want the responsibility so I'm going to have an abortion." I cannot, in good conscience, support a law that would take away a woman's right to make the best choice for her own health because of my moral disagreement with SOME of the abortions performed. It's a highly nuanced issue and for that reason, I don't think we can have a blanket, one-size-fits-all approach.

motherslove82
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I've never seen it as a women's rights issue, but a human rights issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)