Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Over it...

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm so over trying to keep my house clean when everyone else seems to care less..What can I do it make it easier??
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Who is "everyone else "?
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Dd is 6 and knows that nothing less than an immaculate home is unacceptable. She has a few chores and she rarely makes a mess.

DH is a clean freak like me. Actually, he may be worse..lol.

My home stays "model like ".

I wouldn't have it any other way.
veganistic
by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Try wine :D
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting ETHANMASONMOMMY:

I'm so over trying to keep my house clean when everyone else seems to care less..What can I do it make it easier??

I take it that the everyone else is your family. If they don't have friends or family in to visit, that would account for it being okay to be slobs. I would start bringing people in the house even if you have to drag some Mormon missionaries inside. If that does not work, invite a Realtor to sell the house! If that's too drastic, throw some seeds in the dust and watch them sprout and grow ... then roll it and smoke it!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
7 moms liked this

depends on what you mean by clean. I have a motto... I keep my house clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. works well for me.

texassahm
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

www.flylady.net - She has a free daily email with the "zone" of the day.  Follow her advice closely and you'll see  a difference in your home in a matter of days.  I believe the most important thing she reminds us to do is to put on lace-up shoes.  I get WAY more work done around the house when I get up and put on my tennis shoes.

Ginpatty
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I sympathize with you. I have been home only a month from an illness; stayed in the hospital for a month and a nursing home for a month.

I tire very easily, slowly, but surely cleaning up.  Reward points or a special treat to your children if they can help?  Hire a teenager in the neighborhood, a relative, or friend.  I know it is exasperating; do want you can onr day at a time.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM

And maybe some chocolate too

Quoting veganistic:

veganistic
by on May. 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Yup, those will both help with your caring-about-messy-house problem!

Quoting ScrChk23:

And maybe some chocolate too

Quoting veganistic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)