Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone out there an Extreme Couponer?!?!?!?!

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am willing to learn.... I am currently using a food pantry to get by, I would love to learn how to coupon like a champ and be able to donate to the food pantry for others like me! 

I am a mother of 2 and i need new ways to make ends meet!

Or does anyone know where to start? Thanks!!!! Feel free to message me!

by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveLoveLaugh13
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM

my states dont double coupon so I have only saved between 30 to 50%  : /  plus I get sooooo verwhelmed that it is hard to keep up and I just dont have the time to devote so much time to it.

Lili0509
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Lol I hope someone responds bc I wanna learn too :)

LiveLoveLaugh13
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I dont even know where to start I hope someone answers too :)

mommy_10
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I'm wanting to learn..but it's seems too time consuming..lol..but if your willing to learn and put your mind to it..you can do it..I went to a coupon class one time, it was nice..but some of the stuff i didn't quite understand..I believe i know how some of it works:  

1. i know you need to get your coupons ready, but in order to save you to need to check and see what is on special and not on special.  for ex:  wal-mart might have dannon yogurt on sale for 1.99 for a six pack, you might have a coupon for 1.00 off of the 6 pack dannon yogurt..so the final price you pay will be 99Cents..but i'm not sure if wal-mart doubles coupons or not..

or i think this is how it works if the store doubles the coupons:  for ex:  say kroger has era detergent on sale: for one 64 oz bottle of era detergent for 5.00 and you have a coupon off for 2.00 but krogers will double the coupon so that means you get 4.00 off the detergent so the final cost will be 1.00.  you have to check the store policies to see if they double their coupons or not.  

i know you can usually get toothpaste for free...

if you have a facebook account check out money saving mom of 5, she is the one that does couponing, and will get you started in the right direction.  or you can search how to coupon and that should help too.  

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I don't think real people can do like the tv shows say. My stores won't let me use the tricks they advise.

kzuehlk
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm not as extreme as the tv show, but I do pretty well. I haven't bought razors, deodorant, pens/pencils, body wash, lysol cleaning supplies and quite a few other things in over a year and most of the stock I got was either free or super cheap.

I use a site called becentsable.net. There are ladies there in every state that take the time to match up the Sunday coupons to local sales going on and let you know where the great deals are. It takes a while to build up your coupon stash. I keep a very organized binder full of them and don't throw them away until they are expired. Just because something isn't on sale the week the coupon comes out, doesn't mean there won't be a great sale a few weeks down the road. I have neighbors and coworkers save their coupons for me, as well as print some from online. You can also buy stacks of certain coupons on ebay.

Check out the site and if you have any questions, feel free to message me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenleespice
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Extreme couponers have ruined it for the rest of us.I wish TCL never aired that dumb ass show.and please people quit buying shit then donating it.then when I need it for my family it's gone.only buy what your going to use period!

tiredme
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I'm not an extreme couponer and just so you know that show is very far off (those stores allow them to do things that break their own rules just for the show).  I use couponmom.com.  They tell you what all the deals are by state and store.  They even tell you where the coupons are so you can quickly find them.  My sister and my mom are much more into it than I am and they both have a "store" in their homes.  The website makes it really easy since they match the coupons and the sales for you.  Good luck!

trainlady
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I am not an extreme couponer but I do us coupons. There is a problem coming up with extreme couponers. I recently had two coupons for FREE cat litter of a special size. I looked all over and finally found out that Kmart carried that size. Went there and they refused to take my coupons. I talked to the manager and she told me that Kmart no longer takes free coupons and is cutting back on others. She finally agreed to let me have the free cat litter. One of the things that is happening with extreme couponers is what it is costing the stores to reclaim their money from the manufacturers. When someone comes in and had hundreds of dollars of coupons the store has to hire someone to deal with all these coupons to see that they get back to the right manufacturer in order to be reimbursed. This cost the store money to hire someone and to pay the postage for returning all these coupons. So while the couponer makes out like a bandit the store doesn't. They have to raise the price of groceries to cover their costs. So in the end people who don't coupon to excess pays a higher price for their purchases. And the other thing wrong with couponing to extremes is expiration dates. Couponing does become addictive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN