Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm all over the map.

#1) I keep it clean almost all of the time.

#2) If I'm sick or the kids are sick and extra needy (4 and 2 years old, also 3 months old) and the house gets messy, oh well.  I let it go and clean it later.  It doesn't bother me.

#3) If I know people are coming over or i'm in a really big cleaning kick beyond the normal cleaning, I will deep clean the house like ALL the way, like clean baseboards, spot treat/shampoo carpets, scrub walls, scrub floors on hands and knees after my regular mopping, etc.

So i'm kind of a "whatever I feel like" person lol!

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:09 AM

neat freak

texassahm
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:11 AM

What do you do to keep your house clean?  Do you have a regimen, clean as you go or just do what needs to be done?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

neat freak

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I don't do plans and all that jazz. I just clean when it needs to be clean. I don't do regimen unless it's for my hair :)

Quoting texassahm:

What do you do to keep your house clean?  Do you have a regimen, clean as you go or just do what needs to be done?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

neat freak

RandiBear
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM
This exactly. Things get away from me sometimes but it doesn't take too long to fix. I need to be more organized.

Quoting PEEK05:

I'm all over the map.

#1) I keep it clean almost all of the time.

#2) If I'm sick or the kids are sick and extra needy (4 and 2 years old, also 3 months old) and the house gets messy, oh well.  I let it go and clean it later.  It doesn't bother me.

#3) If I know people are coming over or i'm in a really big cleaning kick beyond the normal cleaning, I will deep clean the house like ALL the way, like clean baseboards, spot treat/shampoo carpets, scrub walls, scrub floors on hands and knees after my regular mopping, etc.

So i'm kind of a "whatever I feel like" person lol!

glitterlove100
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Im a total clean freak. I dont chart it. Lord knows how much I love charting things lol. I wake up about 7am clean what my dh did before he went to work. Pull meat for dinner put in the fridge, vacuum, take a shower clean bathroom, get ready, fold and put away laundry, go to work, get off work, go grocrey shopping if needed come home re vacuum (lol yes im vacuum happy i vacuum 3 times a day why i really dont know ) wipe down all counters in kitchen, start dinner, as im cooking dinner I clean what i used to prep dinner, eat, clean kitchen put things away then take shower and relax with dh.

I know it sounds like im a crazy ocd woman... Wellll yea im the crazy ocd woman lol. I can not go to sleep unless all my stuff is done. My dh helps out when I ask him to he usually does all the yard work, cleans the car and truck and cleans the garage.

I was actually raised this way. Ive always had a ton of chores when i was growing up but its completely normal to me now.

starryeyez23
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:56 AM
I am a clean freak. I do "normal" picking up of the entire house what feels like all day everyday. And i deep clean at least one room everyday. Deep clean to me is baseboards,walls, and all that stuff.
momoftwo0406
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Clean freak

Everyone has daily chores. No one leaves the house till beds are made. Dirty clothes go right into the laundry sorter (has 3 different sections), dishes go right into the dish washer. At least one load of clothes gets done daily, kids clean rooms before bed and Sunday is always are big cleaning day. I have found that 20 min a day of cleaning with 4 people working at it keeps my house pretty spotless. I can't take clutter at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I would be in the middle somewhere. I usually deep clean the house twice a week and just pick up nightly after the kids go to bed. I dont like clutter but I'm not going to lie there are some days when my counters have clutter and I just don't feel like dealing with it.
KyBugsMommy815
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I border on being a neat freak. Lol.

Every morning I get up and put away the dishes from the dishwasher (the rest of the kitchen is clean from the night before). Make DD and I breakfast, then she goes into her walker/jenny jump up/play pen and I sweep and mop the kitchen and make sure the baseboards are clean (baseboards are a pet peeve of mine...i hate dirty baseboards!). Next is the livingroom, which gets picked up and vaccuumed. DD usually wants out by now, so she gets to play in the floor in the livingroom while I wipe tables and dust (including baseboards, lol). Next, a quick clean of SOs office (Im not ever in there, so I really dont care about this room, as long as its not disgusting. Usually I need a coffee break by this time. Coffee, followed by cleaning the bathroom (I wipe down the sink and tub, clean the toilet, take out the trash, sweep and mop, and baseboards). DDs room is next - usually just picking up any toys in the floor and vaccuuming and taking out the trash by the changing table, and wiping baseboards. My room is last because SO works second shift. There I make the bed, vaccuum floors,  do beseboards, dust dressers, etc if needed. And then a quick clean of the half bath off our room - clean toilet, sink, baseboards.

All of this usually takes about 4 hours in all, off an on. I take lots of breaks to take care of DD. Then DD and spend the rest of the day playing or just doing whatever.

After dinner, I clean the kitchen (counter, stove, microwave, refigerator, do floors again, load dishes, clean the sink)  and the cycle starts again.

Im sure Ive probably left things out, but you get the idea. Okay, okay, I might be a neat freak. My cleaning obsession sounds a lot worse written down..lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN