Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Clutter queen.  I keep it clean but I'm not getting rid of my stuff just to make it look streamlined and have empty space.  I need what I need so I don't care if others would call it cluttered. 

Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I'm kind of all of those.

I want my house to be spotless, but it will never happen unless I hire someone. I clean a lot, but its mostly regular cleaning, not deep cleaning. By the time I get finished cleaning all that needs to be done, it has already started to get messy again, so the whole house is never all the way clean at the same time. Sometimes I get really lazy and dont clean anything for a day or 2. Dishes will sit in the sink, carpets need vacuuming, bathrooms a mess. Oh well, sometimes the need  of sitting on my butt over rules the need to have things clean. We also have some spots in our house that collect clutter. The dining room table and part of the kitchen counter. Mainly because its right at the front door and we dont have homes for everything.

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I like to have a clean house, but I also don't mind a bit of clutter. Nothing is unsanitary or dirty ever, but don't be surprised to come over and find my son's toys on the ground and the afghan I am working on sitting on the couch. Stuff like that. It all gets picked up at the end of the day, but during the day, it can get cluttered.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I am other.  I have organized piles of clutter in places around the house, but mostly everything is clean and tidy.  We also have 6 people and 2 cats  One dog too.

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We live somewhat cluttered not dirty but def. not picture perfect .We do a deep clean once a month and weekly cleaning of the bathrooms with vacuuming done once every morning and the dishwasher started after that.

Chirinos
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I'm a big clean freak I used to clean houses for 6yrs and you wouldn't believe the things I saw so with cleaning houses for 6yrs has made me pay attention to my apartment more. I was also a CNA/MA 10yrs so I am highly caustious on germs to. I do a little bit of cleaning everyday such as 1 day I'll consentrate on the bedrooms and the next day will be something different such as the bathroom.
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

CLEAN FREAK

I am obsessed with cleaning,if I see a mess I go after it,I do have OCD & cleaning is one of those things I obsess over.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Closer to clutter queen than slob =0)

rebeccab1966
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I'm very clean, my house always looks good, I love to do laundry, etc.  But my husband is even clean-freakier than me.  He says vacuuming makes him relax.  He pulls weeds out of the lawn on his hands and knees.  His shirts are hung in his closet by color.  And he works two jobs, so it's not like he has a lot of time on his hands!  He loves "tidying up", like cleaning the stainless steel kitchen appliances or washing the windows.

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Between a clean freak and a slob. I absolutely love when things are spotless, and try really hard but my health just wont keep up with my mind some days. So on the days where I physically can't do it, I just have to accept being a slob that day. I do not like clutter at all though. I have no problem throwing away anything that doesn't have a place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)