Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm OCD when it comes to keeping an immaculate home. You'll never find a fork in the sink or a sock on the floor at any given time. That would make me panic.

I'm always making lists of what needs to be done on which days.
lovestoread0708
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Exactly.. I can't say i'm a clean freak because my house is NOT spotless. But I can't say i'm a slob either. My floors are always vacuumed and moped, dishes are always done, counters are wiped off. But I do have 2 small children and they have lots of toys.. And them bringing them into every room and leaving them is fine with me. They are little, and if someone stopped in to visit unexpectedly I wouldn't be embarrassed at all..

Quoting PEEK05:

I'm all over the map.

#1) I keep it clean almost all of the time.

#2) If I'm sick or the kids are sick and extra needy (4 and 2 years old, also 3 months old) and the house gets messy, oh well.  I let it go and clean it later.  It doesn't bother me.

#3) If I know people are coming over or i'm in a really big cleaning kick beyond the normal cleaning, I will deep clean the house like ALL the way, like clean baseboards, spot treat/shampoo carpets, scrub walls, scrub floors on hands and knees after my regular mopping, etc.

So i'm kind of a "whatever I feel like" person lol!

SerenityBerry
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Clutter Queen. Both hubby and I work, the twins are home all day with the sitter and their older sister brings home more papers from school daily then I can keep track of. I am constantly picking it up, drives me nuts, but it is unavoidable. 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I'm a clutter queen, but I'm not unhealthily attached to my clutter.  When I'm in the mood I can sort and trash a pile of clutter in no time.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I'm a clean freak.  

I like to keep my house "surprise visitor ready" at all times.  I don't make lists or anything- no time.  I got to work all day and get home around 6, make dinner, tidy up whatever needs to be tidied up while dinner is cooking, eat dinner, then clean up dinner.  The rest of the evening I spend with my family.

We don't keep stuff we don't use or need for long so we don't have clutter.  Mail gets sorted when we get it each day.  We have a coat and shoes closet that everyone's shoes go in and laundry always gets washed, dryed, and folded same day.  I vacuum every day and sweep the kitchen floor every day.  We also make our bed as soon as we get up in the morning.

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

ChelleBoo23
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm a clutter queen. Most of my house looks nice, but then things start piling up in certain areas. When I clean though I turn into a clean freak I will make sure everything is spotless and looks perfect. That's one of the reasons I hate cleaning because I get so OCD about it when I start lol.

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I am neat. We have a maid and pick up after ourselves. It is about doing things right away. Dishes never sit in the sink, laundry goes straight into labeled hampers (dark, light, white) and the whole thing washed when full, toys go back into their bins, spills cleaned immediately. Big thing is getting the children to help. It really works.

luvnature
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

my house is not dirty by all means. it is cluttered because we don't have enough closets in the house and we can not store anything in the basement as it is not very high (not even 6 feet high lol) and we get lots of water in the basement when it rains. 

I do vacuum my floors 3 times a week (I have hardwood floors and linoleum floors....no carpets). dishes is dones daily. bathroom is deep cleaned twice a week.

we are 4 adults in the house and I am trying to see if husband and kids will take it upon themselves to do some cleaning around the house without me yelling at them to help. I tell them they do messes as well as me, so they have to give me a hand and clean too. so most times yeah, my house is very cluttered.

we never have visitors and even when people come over, I tell them that if they only are visiting to see how we upkeep the house, then they are not welcome.

oh and we have 2 cats too, so whoever shows up better not expect to have hairfree clothes when they leave my place cause that ain't happening lol. . 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Oh my gosh I'm such a clean freak. I couldn't have a nasty, dirty, clutter home i would go crazy.

texassahm
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I wish we could afford a housekeeper - Every other week would work just fine for me.  Just someone to come do a good scrub down and I'll do the light cleaning in between.  I had that when I was single, no kids and could afford it - BEFORE I knew what a REAL mess was - and now that I NEED a maid, I can't afford one!  Gah!

I do a deep clean when it's needed, and I definitely need to vacuum more often - but for the most part.  Today I uncluttered our entire downstairs - sadly, I filled an entire large black trash bag with papers and other trash.  Granted, some of it was left over from when we moved, but most of it was just day-to-day mail, school papers, etc.

I'm just glad I got it done!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)