Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
NewMamaBoo
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Depends how I'm feeling. I've been sick and sleepy lately and we have a business trip coming up so we need lots of cleaning since I. Been focusing on other things. Laying there sick I think abut what needs to be done, it sucks

mdshelton87
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I'm super OCD. Daily, I clean my kitchen which consists of running the dishwasher, wiping down counter tops, sweeping and mopping. Then, I run the vacuum. Some days, I have laundry to do as well. Once a week, I clean the bathrooms. It feels like it never ends!

Quoting texassahm:

What do you do to keep your house clean?  Do you have a regimen, clean as you go or just do what needs to be done?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

neat freak

RevivingOphelia
by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM
I voted other. Normally a clean freak... But in the middle of a move and packing. I feel like a hoarder.
MrsCarnes88
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:59 AM
None of the above.... My house is clean but lived in there are toys on the floor and shoes out in the open I have kids I don't expect my home to be in perfect order if I did I would go crazy.... My kids make messes and leave things out I don't mind after dinner I make them clean up and put their things away.. but my bathroom is clean dishes done floors moped and dusted every day
moon_girl76
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

OCD... CLEAN :)

ruth85
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM
My house is very clean but I dont consider myself a clean "freak". That term bothers me because it implies some kind of obsessiveness, and I dont have that. I dont have to have the labels pointing the same direction, or all of my magazines lined up or any of those obsessive things I think about when someone says clean freak. But I keep my house clean... it isnt that hard. If you put dishes in the dishwasher instad of the sink, deal with mail and toss our the junk as it comes in, wipe up spills when they happen, pick thing up off the floor when they get dropped, and spend a little time every day putting things back where they belong, you can have a relatively clean house with not too much effort. It is so much easier to maintin a level of clean than it is to recover from a huge mess....so that is what I do. Maintain the clean.
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I love my house to be ckean but its not always up to my standards with 2 kids under 3, there are not enough hours in my day
chchchangez
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

We're clean but have clutter (not nastiness but definitely clutter). We live in a tiny apt and my dh does not understand that the space limitations cannot accomodate his "HOBBIES" which all take up tons of space and $. ugh.

June3May4June3
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I am definitely a clutter queen! I try really hard not to be but with two kids in school and an almost 1 year old it is hard. I do have a cleaning schedule that I stick to. I have a hard time finding places to put things and because money is always tight I can't buy the organizing bins that I need that would help me to get organized. My biggest issue is paper clutter. I throw things out and shred stuff but there is still always so much of it.

BlessedChaos
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I'm a clean freak. But, with 3 kids #4 on the way, 2 dogs a cat and a husband that is hardly home I learned to embrace the chaos. I keep things clean but don't go crazy when the house looks lived in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN