Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on May. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

i'll be honest, i'm a slob!  lol

i'm a single mom and i work, so if i am home at the same time as my daughter, i like to spend that time with her..i dont consider my house a "slob" i consider my home "lived in"..

StarLight23
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
This, but right now it's a work in progress. I'm following Flylady (just google her she's got a website) and getting rid of things I didn't even know I had. Or things that I had that I don't have a use for. The things that are worth something are sold on E bay. By and by hopefully it will be better and easier to clean.
Quoting chchchangez:

We're clean but have clutter (not nastiness but definitely clutter). We live in a tiny apt and my dh does not understand that the space limitations cannot accomodate his "HOBBIES" which all take up tons of space and $. ugh.

endofmytether
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I'm none of the above... I have a housekeeper to clean the house through once a week. With three kids under 3 I feel I can justify this. But I have always had a cleaner - from as soon as I earned enough money to own my own home. I don't dislike cleaning - with 3 little ones I clean every day in any case. It is just that having a person who is going to come in and clean for me changes my relationship with my home. Without my cleaner my tubs and floors and toilets all talk to me! I can't brush my teeth without my sink sayinf "I could do with a wash!" - even if I just cleaned it the day before. This way, I just think "yes, and you will get a clean on Friday - in the meantime, sssh!"

It really helps me, because when I start cleaning I can't stop - it is one thing to clean up after the kids (I mean you have to run just to keep still right?) But when I go into a room to clean say the toilet, I have to clean floors, walls, windows, baseboards etc - everything or it just doesn't seem like I've done a great job.

So I guess I have a clean freak in me - I just keep her subdued just enough not to send me completely crazy.

And what is it with all the clutter in this country? I lived in the UK for years and you don't get near the same amount of junk mail in the mail box there.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on May. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I'm a damn slob and I'm not afraid to admit it. I do what I have to but I freaking hate cleaning.
anon1986East
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I'm not a clean freak, I don't mind a little mess and I'll sometimes put off certain things like laundry or mopping/vacuuming (unless the floors are really dirty) but I absolutely hate clutter. I can not stand for any clutter at all, I have to immediately put everything in it's rightful place if things are left out on counters or tables. I don't even let my kids clutter up their rooms, well I don't mind if they drag all their toys out during the day but everything must be put back before they go to bed every night.

mikandwheezy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM

we have 2 dogs, a 2 year old, an 8 month old. DF, my mom, my brother, my dad, and me. our house is always clean. my mom brother and df work. my dad is disabled. i dont follow a chart i just clean any chance i get. i do all of the cleaning every day. except mop and dust and scrub the shower. 

butterbean491
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I feel that it's an on going battle. No sooner than I get one pile of clutter cleaned up, I turn around to another. This really does drive me crazy....my mother was a big NEAT FREAK ! I actually get embarrassed when she comes over and sees this clean, but cluttered mess. I can almost read her mind...oh the horror of it all !!!!. She told me last night that when the nesting kicks in for baby#2 to let her know that she would come and help me clean....lol. Got to love her!!!sweeping

look4butterflys
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I am a clean freak I think I have mild anxiety w it lol if my house isn't clean I have a 4yr old and an almost 3 yr old iam disable w back problems so I'm home. I feel like I have to repick up after them all day to keep clean. But there getting older so they help. But when my back burts I have to tell myself its ok its a lil messy you can pick it up later. Try to focus in one area at a time that's what I do to keep everything in order for the big stuff. Like the closests atleast once a yr. Go threw the kitchen cabnets and organize them and wipe them down. Clean laundry room. Breaking it down doesn't seem so over whlmeing
TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I have my schedule that I do everyday. Yet there's always something somewhere. It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get bad.  I keep the floors vaccumed ( Unfortunately the entire house is carpeted) but if I don't get to do something it can wait until I can... I keep the house clean, not freakishly immaculent, but clean none-the-less.

CarlyK23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I'm a mix of a clean freak and a clutter queen. But all the clutter is hidden in the closet for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN