Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Clean Freak

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

i'll be honest, i'm a slob!  lol

i'm a single mom and i work, so if i am home at the same time as my daughter, i like to spend that time with her..i dont consider my house a "slob" i consider my home "lived in"..

by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
This, but right now it's a work in progress. I'm following Flylady (just google her she's got a website) and getting rid of things I didn't even know I had. Or things that I had that I don't have a use for. The things that are worth something are sold on E bay. By and by hopefully it will be better and easier to clean.
Quoting chchchangez:

We're clean but have clutter (not nastiness but definitely clutter). We live in a tiny apt and my dh does not understand that the space limitations cannot accomodate his "HOBBIES" which all take up tons of space and $. ugh.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I'm none of the above... I have a housekeeper to clean the house through once a week. With three kids under 3 I feel I can justify this. But I have always had a cleaner - from as soon as I earned enough money to own my own home. I don't dislike cleaning - with 3 little ones I clean every day in any case. It is just that having a person who is going to come in and clean for me changes my relationship with my home. Without my cleaner my tubs and floors and toilets all talk to me! I can't brush my teeth without my sink sayinf "I could do with a wash!" - even if I just cleaned it the day before. This way, I just think "yes, and you will get a clean on Friday - in the meantime, sssh!"

It really helps me, because when I start cleaning I can't stop - it is one thing to clean up after the kids (I mean you have to run just to keep still right?) But when I go into a room to clean say the toilet, I have to clean floors, walls, windows, baseboards etc - everything or it just doesn't seem like I've done a great job.

So I guess I have a clean freak in me - I just keep her subdued just enough not to send me completely crazy.

And what is it with all the clutter in this country? I lived in the UK for years and you don't get near the same amount of junk mail in the mail box there.

by Buttcrackncornchips on May. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I'm a damn slob and I'm not afraid to admit it. I do what I have to but I freaking hate cleaning.
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I'm not a clean freak, I don't mind a little mess and I'll sometimes put off certain things like laundry or mopping/vacuuming (unless the floors are really dirty) but I absolutely hate clutter. I can not stand for any clutter at all, I have to immediately put everything in it's rightful place if things are left out on counters or tables. I don't even let my kids clutter up their rooms, well I don't mind if they drag all their toys out during the day but everything must be put back before they go to bed every night.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM

we have 2 dogs, a 2 year old, an 8 month old. DF, my mom, my brother, my dad, and me. our house is always clean. my mom brother and df work. my dad is disabled. i dont follow a chart i just clean any chance i get. i do all of the cleaning every day. except mop and dust and scrub the shower. 

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I feel that it's an on going battle. No sooner than I get one pile of clutter cleaned up, I turn around to another. This really does drive me mother was a big NEAT FREAK ! I actually get embarrassed when she comes over and sees this clean, but cluttered mess. I can almost read her mind...oh the horror of it all !!!!. She told me last night that when the nesting kicks in for baby#2 to let her know that she would come and help me Got to love her!!!sweeping

by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I am a clean freak I think I have mild anxiety w it lol if my house isn't clean I have a 4yr old and an almost 3 yr old iam disable w back problems so I'm home. I feel like I have to repick up after them all day to keep clean. But there getting older so they help. But when my back burts I have to tell myself its ok its a lil messy you can pick it up later. Try to focus in one area at a time that's what I do to keep everything in order for the big stuff. Like the closests atleast once a yr. Go threw the kitchen cabnets and organize them and wipe them down. Clean laundry room. Breaking it down doesn't seem so over whlmeing
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I have my schedule that I do everyday. Yet there's always something somewhere. It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get bad.  I keep the floors vaccumed ( Unfortunately the entire house is carpeted) but if I don't get to do something it can wait until I can... I keep the house clean, not freakishly immaculent, but clean none-the-less.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I'm a mix of a clean freak and a clutter queen. But all the clutter is hidden in the closet for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN