Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a clean freak? A slob? A clutter queen?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a Clean Freak, a Slob, or a Clutter Queen?

Options:

Clean Freak

Slob

Clutter Queen

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 83

View Results

If you're a clean freak - How do you do it?  What does your daily schedule look like?  Do you have it in your head?  Are you a chart maker?

I am a clutter queen.  My house is clean, for the most part, but I collect clutter everywhere (6 people and 2 cats in our house).

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (51-56):
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I declutter a lot so I can find everything and not a ton of clutter. Never go to bed with dishes in the sink, who wants to get up in the morning and see that mess..Maybe on occasion and not habit.. and most importantly its all about the 409 baby, make it your best friend...

SoltaniMommy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I am considered a clean freak.  I clean as I go.  I slip up rarely, but it is a once a month thing (when I am on my cycle) or when I am sick.  I am organized, and when I happen upon clutter I make a project on how to de-clutter and beautify it.  It is rather easy actually.  

SoltaniMommy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

This is totally my wavelength, and reality will prove that this is not difficult living.  It is calming.  Whatever is going on in my mind will reflect my environment.  If you are forced to make a judgement about me based on a surprise visit to my home.  I can guarantee that chaotic will never come to your mind.  Peaceful, calm, calculated... Yes.  But never chaotic, not even on my worst day.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

I guess I'm a clean freak.  

I like to keep my house "surprise visitor ready" at all times.  I don't make lists or anything- no time.  I got to work all day and get home around 6, make dinner, tidy up whatever needs to be tidied up while dinner is cooking, eat dinner, then clean up dinner.  The rest of the evening I spend with my family.

We don't keep stuff we don't use or need for long so we don't have clutter.  Mail gets sorted when we get it each day.  We have a coat and shoes closet that everyone's shoes go in and laundry always gets washed, dryed, and folded same day.  I vacuum every day and sweep the kitchen floor every day.  We also make our bed as soon as we get up in the morning.

KME3
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
We are cluttered...my mom is storing all her crap at my house...
da808gypsy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
This

Quoting PEEK05:

I'm all over the map.

#1) I keep it clean almost all of the time.

#2) If I'm sick or the kids are sick and extra needy (4 and 2 years old, also 3 months old) and the house gets messy, oh well.  I let it go and clean it later.  It doesn't bother me.

#3) If I know people are coming over or i'm in a really big cleaning kick beyond the normal cleaning, I will deep clean the house like ALL the way, like clean baseboards, spot treat/shampoo carpets, scrub walls, scrub floors on hands and knees after my regular mopping, etc.

So i'm kind of a "whatever I feel like" person lol!

caito
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Clutter queen. Always have been. I could easily devolve into slob if I don't keep up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN