Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 5 Replies
So here is the deal I have been with my husband for 10 years I got wit him when I was 17 got pregnant at 19 got married at 20. He lived his life he was a wild child and I was a tame child he was my first and only intimate partner. Now he had lived his life and I really couldn't live mine. We are now at the point where I like to go out on Fridays hang with my family or friends our kids are gone and he wants to sit home I want out enjoy our self we sit home all week . He does not want to go but gets mad when i want to go so what do I do sit home to please him or go and enjoy myself? The next question is how do you keep that spark alive after 10 years?
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hi, I always found that being honest about my feelings was how to be. Let him know how you feel. Tell him what you told us. Maybe he could give a little and try it once a week and may even start enjoying himself. Does he say why he doesn't want to go out?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Since you sit at home all the other nights, I think that it isn't too much to ask for you to go out. Ask him if there is something he'd like to do- even if it isn't your first choice... something such as going to a softball game,  seeing a movie,  bowling, there must be something that he likes to do. After he gets in the habit of going out that one night, then you can toss in things that you prefer also.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Another idea is to exchange visits with friends. for a long while every Saturday was dinner night out with friends either at their house or ours or even at a restaurant. If there is a friend that he enjoys talking with, this would be another chance to get him used to going out.

Seagodess
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Have you tried to have a serious talk about this with him and tell him how you feel?

I think you have every right to go out with your friends once in a while. If he does't want to go, or doesn't want you to go, just do it every other weekend or something.

We have never really had to try to keep the spark in our relationship. It has always just been there. We have random spontaneous sex in random places. Go on dates. Talk about things. Joke around. Just have fun.

Tinay757
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I would invite him and if he say no then go out and enjoy yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN