Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

walmart produce department?I was told they thought I would be good at it

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know what they do in this department.She said since I was nervouse being a cashier if I worked in this department they wouldnt call me to register.She said there would be a produce manager over me and she knew I could handle it.Please dont get me wrong Ive never seen women working in the produce depart have you?I'm nervous because if its alot of real heavy lifting I'm afraid i cant do it.Does anyone know what to expect in this department .Thank you debra

by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kimber2465
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM

you are to pull out all the bad fruit and vegetables. you are to rotate when you fill up the bins.

Andylund
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
It's not hard I have do it u just rotate produce "zone"
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I assume you'd arrange produce on display, probably move produce in off the loading dock, maybe count to make sure what they say they delivered was delivered.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I have seen woman do it before. Its basically rotating the produce and restocking it. They have carts that they put all the boxes on.

romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

you can do whatever you've set your mind to. If you're physically disabled you need to let them know about this, due to lifting and reaching.

If you're not physically disabled you will adapt

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Thank you so much.I have hiatel hernia and thats what worrie me

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Stocking, ordering, checking the fruits and veggies.  Making sure trays are prepped.

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thank you for responding.So you did work in produce?Thats the only thing that bothers me is I have hiatel hernia and I don't want to mess that up.I dont know what they wear or how much they make but I'll still go to interview.Thanks debra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)