Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (May 21st)

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 116 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjschell
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

HI , I am a stay at home mother of two daughters age 17 and 19. my oldest just finished her first year of college with a few social bumbs but her grades were good. my youngest just started dateing her first boyfriend. and she keeps wanting to spend the night at his parents house. she says she sleeps on the couch and I trust her. she has always been honest with me. but i still dont think it is aprobriate at her age. she begs me and I hate to tell her no but i am not comfortable with it . Am I being overprotective?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Tough call with your youngest DD,
I guess if you trust her she can for one time & then talk with her after.
Ask her where she did sleep?
Do you know the parents at all?
Good luck & let us know how it oges :)

Quoting mjschell:

HI , I am a stay at home mother of two daughters age 17 and 19. my oldest just finished her first year of college with a few social bumbs but her grades were good. my youngest just started dateing her first boyfriend. and she keeps wanting to spend the night at his parents house. she says she sleeps on the couch and I trust her. she has always been honest with me. but i still dont think it is aprobriate at her age. she begs me and I hate to tell her no but i am not comfortable with it . Am I being overprotective?

SnapesDaughter
by on May. 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I am 20 weeks 4 days along in my pregnancy. I am 90% sure that it is a girl. 

i grew up in weatherford, tx mineral wells, tx Crowley, tx. I currently live in mineral wells, tx.

my parents introduced us at my husbands job. My dad and husband worked together at the time.

i like to read and play with my phone.

I have a friends wedding to go to on Friday.

CrazyGirl1012
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Hello everyone! I am a 25 year old stay at home mother of one 6 year old daughter, with another daughter on the way. My daughter's name is Kiley, and this one will be Annabelle "Belle" Lee. I have lived in Louisiana my entire life, starting out in Shreveport and now living much further south. I am married to a wonderful man and father. I could not be more blessed to have him in my life. He is very supportive in everything I do, and is overjoyed to be having a child together. He has taken over the father role in my 6 year olds life, as she is a child from a previous marriage. He is the best father she could hope for, and honestly the only father she has in every sense of the word except biological. :D

When I have time to myself (which is NEVER) I enjoy doing anything crafty. I really love the feeling of completing a project, and feeling so much pride everytime I look at that completed project. When my hubby is home we like to pick a series on Netflix and watch an episode or two every night after our "minion" goes to bed. Other than that, I do a lot of research on living a natural lifestyle and improving my families health one cleaning/beauty product at a time. I am also very excited about beginning this baby's life with cloth diapering, baby wearing, and natural homemade hygiene products. 

Today, my husband and I actually found out that our little girl is indeed a little girl. We were 99% positive she would be a he, so were in for a shock when we found out we are having our SECOND little girl! Of course, we are thrilled. I am really looking forward to meeting some like minded women and hope to make a few friends along the way. I also look forward to learning as much as I can from other people, as it is very hard to find people with my interests in the area that I live in!! 

CrazyGirl1012
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I was going to tell you how inappropriate it is... and then I started thinking. There are two sides to every coin. My little sister (who just turned 18) started dating her boyfriend a little over a year ago. My parents have always been very protective of her (probably because of the things I did as a teenager) and in my opinion can be a bit overprotective. My sister makes straight A's, is well on her way to a medical degree, dual enrolled her senior year, and has never had a drink in her life. She makes me proud. So, I was completely surprised when I found out that my parents were letting her go out of town with her boyfriend's family, and he was staying at their house often in the spare bedroom, as they did not want him driving home too late. Moral of the story: If you feel like your daughter is trustworthy, she probably is. If she is a problem child, and has given you problems in the past, then you should probably stick by your guns. Because often, your gut instinct is right.

CasaDeGato
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hi :)

I am a working from home mom of two: Ron (3.8) and Liya (1.4)

I left my day job when Liya was born to stay at home with my children. I own a small hand made busines - making baby teething toys and nursing necklaces - testing everything on Liya :))

We are living in Israel, but I was born in Russia and immigrated when I was 17 old.

I am hoping to find friends here :)

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant! Is this your first?
Here is another group you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting SnapesDaughter:

I am 20 weeks 4 days along in my pregnancy. I am 90% sure that it is a girl. 

i grew up in weatherford, tx mineral wells, tx Crowley, tx. I currently live in mineral wells, tx.

my parents introduced us at my husbands job. My dad and husband worked together at the time.

i like to read and play with my phone.

I have a friends wedding to go to on Friday.

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on getting ready to have daughter # 2!  Hope you are over the surprise by now.
That's great you enjoy those crafts like that.
Here is another group yo may find helpful.  Great to meet you :)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting CrazyGirl1012:

Hello everyone! I am a 25 year old stay at home mother of one 6 year old daughter, with another daughter on the way. My daughter's name is Kiley, and this one will be Annabelle "Belle" Lee. I have lived in Louisiana my entire life, starting out in Shreveport and now living much further south. I am married to a wonderful man and father. I could not be more blessed to have him in my life. He is very supportive in everything I do, and is overjoyed to be having a child together. He has taken over the father role in my 6 year olds life, as she is a child from a previous marriage. He is the best father she could hope for, and honestly the only father she has in every sense of the word except biological. :D

When I have time to myself (which is NEVER) I enjoy doing anything crafty. I really love the feeling of completing a project, and feeling so much pride everytime I look at that completed project. When my hubby is home we like to pick a series on Netflix and watch an episode or two every night after our "minion" goes to bed. Other than that, I do a lot of research on living a natural lifestyle and improving my families health one cleaning/beauty product at a time. I am also very excited about beginning this baby's life with cloth diapering, baby wearing, and natural homemade hygiene products. 

Today, my husband and I actually found out that our little girl is indeed a little girl. We were 99% positive she would be a he, so were in for a shock when we found out we are having our SECOND little girl! Of course, we are thrilled. I am really looking forward to meeting some like minded women and hope to make a few friends along the way. I also look forward to learning as much as I can from other people, as it is very hard to find people with my interests in the area that I live in!! 

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Welcome to CafreMom,
That's wonderful you are able to work form home now & be with yoru kids!
Here is another group you may find helpful.  Happy to meet you :)

Quoting CasaDeGato:

Hi :)

I am a working from home mom of two: Ron (3.8) and Liya (1.4)

I left my day job when Liya was born to stay at home with my children. I own a small hand made busines - making baby teething toys and nursing necklaces - testing everything on Liya :))

We are living in Israel, but I was born in Russia and immigrated when I was 17 old.

I am hoping to find friends here :)

Anna.Millett
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

No kids yet, but me and my fiance are going to TTC ASAP.

I grew up in Denver, Colorado. When I was 16 my dad took a job in Cleveland, Tennessee and we have been here ever since!

His sister met me at a mutual friends house and found out that I had never had a date for Valentines day. She immediately went home and gave her brother my number and told him to take me out that night. We have been together ever since. (Valentines day 2010)

I'm a bookworm <3

TTC!! I'm having my Mirena IUD removed later this afternoon and I am so excited I didn't sleep last night. I can't wait to TTC, and as excited as I am, my fiance may be even more excited. He's been feeling the baby fever since his niece was born :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)