Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (May 27th)

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 92 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

happy memorial dayRobin

by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iissaa
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, new here :-)

I have two kids, DD, 10 years old, and DS, 7 (well, almost both of them).

DH and me met for the first time in Paris.

We live in Europe.

I like to read and play video- games (not that I have much free time...)

Today: i am up to .... Mmmm ... Something.....

For the record, I am 46.

See you around,

I.

emparentingmom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone, 

Just signed up, and posted an introducton on Mom to Mom - so I guess I'll introduce myself here too :)

I'm the proud mommy of two boys - 11 and 6 years old.  It is amazing watching them grow up -especially now that they are grappling with things that I remember dealing with at their ages.  

My oldest (I call him Roni online) is in fifth grade and loves swimming and making things (especially costumes). He just trained for and participated in a mini triathalon!  Our biggest challenge with him is school: he really doesn't like it, and it is a constant struggle to get him to remember his homework, let alone do it.  We'd like to homeschool, but for a bunch of reasons it isn't possible for us right now.  Meanwhile, we're trying to help him navigate the school system, while leaving time for his many creative pursuits.

My youngest, Jeremy (again, his online name...) is in kindergarten. He would be in first grade this year, but he was near the cut-off and we decided to wait another year before jumping into first grade. He's curious, stubborn, and loves to color and to play with his stuffed animals.  When he was three he developed a very difficult kidney condition called fsgs (with nephrotic syndrome) and was very sick for a couple of years.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with .  We are very lucky - his illness has been in remission for the past two years, and he's off all medication.  He's also on a gluten free diet - we're not sure that that is what did the trick, but it seems to be helping with other things as well (he used to have tons of ear infections and asthma, and they have both improved tremendously on a gluten free diet).  I'm also gluten free because of him, and it has done wonders for me as well.

When Roni was in preschool, he was obsessed with superheros and played endless war games with his friends.  A moment of inspiration  (desperation?) led me to collaborate with a friend on a children's book series called The Incredibly Empowering Adventures of the Supercubs - in hopes of providing my kids with a "kindler, gentler" alternative to the usual superhero fare.  It took several years, but have finally finished the first book (on kindle). 

I blog (sometimes) at Emparenting and am looking forward to meeting other moms!

smile

maryammumtobe
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm twenty, I met my husband online, we met together after two years in dubai and I'm now back in Australia for the birth of our first son in November. 

JnBMom10
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi everyone!

I have 2 awesome boys, 6 and almost 3 (couple more weeks :) ).
Currently living in north central Florida, which is also where I met my husband.

in my free time I go walking and play guitar. Today just hanging out with the kids :)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Parties soon for your kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Iissaa:

Hi, new here :-)

I have two kids, DD, 10 years old, and DS, 7 (well, almost both of them).

DH and me met for the first time in Paris.

We live in Europe.

I like to read and play video- games (not that I have much free time...)

Today: i am up to .... Mmmm ... Something.....

For the record, I am 46.

See you around,

I.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Your boys sound like typical boys, LOL
Interesting when you see what they are delaing with & remember it from when you were a kid.
So glad you're youngest is doing better & can imagine how awful that must have been.
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting emparentingmom:

Hi everyone, 

Just signed up, and posted an introducton on Mom to Mom - so I guess I'll introduce myself here too :)

I'm the proud mommy of two boys - 11 and 6 years old.  It is amazing watching them grow up -especially now that they are grappling with things that I remember dealing with at their ages.  

My oldest (I call him Roni online) is in fifth grade and loves swimming and making things (especially costumes). He just trained for and participated in a mini triathalon!  Our biggest challenge with him is school: he really doesn't like it, and it is a constant struggle to get him to remember his homework, let alone do it.  We'd like to homeschool, but for a bunch of reasons it isn't possible for us right now.  Meanwhile, we're trying to help him navigate the school system, while leaving time for his many creative pursuits.

My youngest, Jeremy (again, his online name...) is in kindergarten. He would be in first grade this year, but he was near the cut-off and we decided to wait another year before jumping into first grade. He's curious, stubborn, and loves to color and to play with his stuffed animals.  When he was three he developed a very difficult kidney condition called fsgs (with nephrotic syndrome) and was very sick for a couple of years.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with .  We are very lucky - his illness has been in remission for the past two years, and he's off all medication.  He's also on a gluten free diet - we're not sure that that is what did the trick, but it seems to be helping with other things as well (he used to have tons of ear infections and asthma, and they have both improved tremendously on a gluten free diet).  I'm also gluten free because of him, and it has done wonders for me as well.

When Roni was in preschool, he was obsessed with superheros and played endless war games with his friends.  A moment of inspiration  (desperation?) led me to collaborate with a friend on a children's book series called The Incredibly Empowering Adventures of the Supercubs - in hopes of providing my kids with a "kindler, gentler" alternative to the usual superhero fare.  It took several years, but have finally finished the first book (on kindle). 

I blog (sometimes) at Emparenting and am looking forward to meeting other moms!

smile

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on getting ready for the birth of your son!
Happy to meet you :)

Quoting maryammumtobe:

I'm twenty, I met my husband online, we met together after two years in dubai and I'm now back in Australia for the birth of our first son in November. 

hugss

by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Welcometo Cafemom,
Are you near the beach at all?
Great to meet you :)

Quoting JnBMom10:

Hi everyone!

Currently living in north central Florida, which is also where I met my husband.

in my free time I go walking and play guitar. Today just hanging out with the kids :)

JnBMom10
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Unfortunately not close to the beach anymore. We just recently moved out of Tallahassee, which was closer to the beach. :)

Quoting hugss:

Welcometo Cafemom,
Are you near the beach at all?
Great to meet you :)

Quoting JnBMom10:

Hi everyone!

monique254
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Am Monique 23 yrs expecting a child on December this year, I grew up in Kenya and I still live there.I met my love in college  where he is still a student

I like browsing and cooking new recipes

I have been thinking on how I will start preparing for my baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)