Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Truck driver wife

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hello my name is chavilla everyone calls me(chevy girl). I have a 2 year old Daughter & a Two month old baby girl.My husband has been gone for almost Five weeks for training.i really need support groups i do have facebook which is easier for me. Anyone know any good support groups in their or her??? Please help im going crazy!!!!
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Chevy,
How hard that must be for you.
Here are a couple of groups you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Anoronlight
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally don't know of any. I can relate a little though. My dad drove truck my whole life and my hubby (up until this last year) was always on the road, not as a truck driver, but as a mechanic and he was hardly ever home, a couple of times a month if we were lucky. So I know how you feel some. Keep your chin up and hang in there. I know its hard, but you aren't alone...there are others around that knows how you feel.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Wives of truck drivers right here on cm. We're great ;)

Welcome to the lifestyle btw, its a hell of a ride at times.
MsEmma88
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Long haulers wife here lol is this the first long term job he's had away from home? Good luck lady. It's freaking hard and take a lot of work on our parts but it's worth it
cgarlic
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Hi, my dh drives local, but right now I live with our 3 kids in Jersey & he is in Pittsburgh. So I understand the missing him part. Monday was tough cuz he couldn't be home for our anniversary.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM

welcome to cafemom

chevyNelson
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Yes this is the first time being away

Quoting MsEmma88:

Long haulers wife here lol is this the first long term job he's had away from home? Good luck lady. It's freaking hard and take a lot of work on our parts but it's worth it

MsEmma88
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I'm sorry it's the first time that's always the hardest. It gets easier when you find your groove

Quoting chevyNelson:

Yes this is the first time being away

Quoting MsEmma88:

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hi check out the Group Finder.  I know there are Truck Driver wives groups on here!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

brandi2781
by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I am a truck drivers wife, feel free to add me or send me a msg if you want to talk. The group shadow lark said wives of truck drivers is a great group, I just post much there cause I am in school also and don't have much time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)