Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

C-sect or inducted VBAC

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 64 Replies
So here's my dilemma I am 11weeks pregnant so I do have time to think but I am on blood thinners for the duration of the pregnancy (one of the joy of being me).so my only options for delivery are inducement or c-sect. Obviously the c-sect carries a bit higher risk of problems, but I have already had one c- sect so the hospital in my area doesn't do induced VBACs . The closest one that does is 200 miles away. What would you do?
Thank you for all the replies I'm sorry if I sound like I'm shooting down all of your suggestions I really don't know which I should do
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd make the drive. It's not like you'd have to be driving while in labor, anyway.
kansasmom1978
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I opted for repeat c section because I my pelvic is incompetent. I would not risk a VBAC. My second c section went well. Until 3 weeks after and my appendix ruptured. Doc said it was very common with c sections.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quoting tyrelsmom:

I'd make the drive. It's not like you'd have to be driving while in labor, anyway.

true but we are talking late November so snow and ice are likely
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Quoting kansasmom1978:

I opted for repeat c section because I my pelvic is incompetent. I would not risk a VBAC. My second c section went well. Until 3 weeks after and my appendix ruptured. Doc said it was very common with c sections.


my c-sect was because about the time I was fully dialated my 9.5 baby decided to wave ... Needless to say his are got stuck but it's not likely to happen again. And I have had one successful VBAC but it was in a different area .
kansasmom1978
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

My first c section was because I labored for 33 hour with my water broken and never progressed passed a 4. The doctor said if my son had attempted to make his way out, I would have bled to death.


Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I opted for repeat c section because I my pelvic is incompetent. I would not risk a VBAC. My second c section went well. Until 3 weeks after and my appendix ruptured. Doc said it was very common with c sections.


my c-sect was because about the time I was fully dialated my 9.5 baby decided to wave ... Needless to say his are got stuck but it's not likely to happen again. And I have had one successful VBAC but it was in a different area .



ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quoting kansasmom1978:


yeah good reason to stick to what works
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
So then you leave really early. I travelled 2 hours in hard labor with my 3rd to get my VBAC. Totally worth it.


Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting tyrelsmom:

I'd make the drive. It's not like you'd have to be driving while in labor, anyway.

true but we are talking late November so snow and ice are likely

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Quoting tyrelsmom:


glad you thought so not sure I could do that not mention how will I get home ... My husband unfortunately most likely won't be able to be there
fiddlerbird555
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Are you quite sure you have to be induced or deliver early? How many children do you want in total? A repeat c section is riskier for the next pregnancy. 200 miles is a long way, but I was told that a 4 hour labor is very fast. If you don't think you'd need an epidural,being on the road vs in the hospital wouldn't be a big deal.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Quoting fiddlerbird555:

Are you quite sure you have to be induced or deliver early? How many children do you want in total? A repeat c section is riskier for the next pregnancy. 200 miles is a long way, but I was told that a 4 hour labor is very fast. If you don't think you'd need an epidural,being on the road vs in the hospital wouldn't be a big deal.

yes they really are my only options because I have to be off the thinners for at least 12hours or the risk of bleeding badly is really high I know the hospital in Germany didn't take me off and yeah there was a few minutes of panic they actually sent my husband to find another doctor cause the one there couldn't control the bleeding. Definitely don't want to do that again. If I didn't have to be induced the local hospital would do a VBAC
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)