Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ill always feel bad about this

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
In 2011 my 4mo old son got pneumonia. He stayed 3 days in the hospital and I called off work to stay with him. I was so exhausted the day they released him, that we took him to daycare (with his hospital bracelet still on) so that I could go home and sleep. Fucked up right?
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jlu88
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I think it is, but only a little. You needed to catch up in sleep. I think taking him to family may have been better, but you do what you can. And not everyone has family near them, so you did what you could so that you could get sleep and be able to properly care for your child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM

If you had no one else to watch him (DH, family/Friend) I think its perfectly fine. I'm assuming you didn't get much sleep during the days he was in the hospital. Its better for you and for him for you to get your rest when you are that exhausted.

Kmary
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I'm not saying I would have done it.  But I also don't think you should continue to beat yourself up over something so minor a full 2 years later.  Do you feel your son has lasting negative effects from this?  If your answer is no, and my hunch is it is, then it's time to forgive yourself.  Life's too short. 

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I think we all make calls sometimes, especially with very little sleep, that would be questionable. Doesn't make you a bad person for wanting your sleep. When were sleep deprived we don't think straight so just let it go mamma. You live and you learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Oh well life Happens :0)hugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN