Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

adoption search question

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 0 Replies

I've posted the whole story more or less quite some time ago but I have a new idea and I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any suggestions for a good way to go about it.

So both of my parents were adopted. They both got their non identifying info years and years ago. My mother searched for her birth parents for many years until she passed away in 2004. I've picked up the search over the past few years and even though I have a lot of info that I feel should lead me straight to the names.. it hasn't. 

Recently I was looking at the papers of non-identifying info and i noticed that where the identifying info had been blacked out, there are edges of letters here and there. These were typed up with a type writer so the sizes and shapes of letters seem like I might be able to at least fill in a few letters if I spent enough time looking at the edges that didn't get covered? Also the spacing where things are blacked out.. I could at least figure out approx. how many letters there are? Maybe I'm just looking for anything at all at this point and I'm trying too hard.

Some really identifying (should be) non identifying info hasn't even lead me to anything! Like one of the birth parents, parents died in a car crash in the early 30's. And one of the birth parents had siblings that were twins. 

Anyyyyy advice?

by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)