Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband literally every time I try to get sexual just pushes me away. I am feeling totally unwanted and unappealing to him. My confidence is slowly going away I feel UGLY..... he never even says I'm beautiful. Anyone else going thru this or am I alone? Am I unappealing to you girls? Pic in replies

Edit:
So there is a pic of me on page 8 that I'm totally natural no make up ect...... so the ladies that don't believe am a real woman there you go!!!!
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
des-momma
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I try and it ends up where he gets so flustered that he walks away or shuts down. He's a man that keeps all to himself. I hope it passes and I hope he learns to be more open. After 5 years I think he would be.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Every day stress does build up. That could be the issue. Just sit him down and remind him that you're there for him if he ever needs to open up about something. I hope you guys can work this out!

Quoting des-momma:

Nothing that hasn't been the normal. Idk about depression because he never talks about how he truly feels

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Is he under a lot of stress? Depression?

Andylund
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Ur pic looks like its from a magazine he's dumb for pushing u away :) I wish I looks like that

Quoting des-momma:

This is me a month ago

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
All you can do is keep trying. Have you talked to him about going to counseling to help him open up?

Quoting des-momma:

I try and it ends up where he gets so flustered that he walks away or shuts down. He's a man that keeps all to himself. I hope it passes and I hope he learns to be more open. After 5 years I think he would be.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Every day stress does build up. That could be the issue. Just sit him down and remind him that you're there for him if he ever needs to open up about something. I hope you guys can work this out!

Quoting des-momma:

Nothing that hasn't been the normal. Idk about depression because he never talks about how he truly feels

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

NDADanceMom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Like they say, "for every beautiful woman you see there is a man who is glad to be rid of her." Women who are told constantly they are pretty and see their worth in how they look think the only possible reason a man might not want them is because of their looks. You only focus on how you look and include a picture.
What about being his best friend? Someone that makes him laugh? Someone who makes him think, be a better man.
Stop fixating on the superficial and maybe he will find passion.
kayleesmom42328
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Sorry. You are beautiful. Don't think that you aren't.
My husband is the same way! We have been married 3 yrs. He only hugs, kisses & has sex with me if I initiate it. When we met 5 yr ago he used to tell me I was beautiful, tell me how pretty & sexy I was. He was the one who would hugs & kiss first. Now i just feel unattractive. Anymore I have given up on trying to look nice for him or trying to initiate things with him. My focus is on taking care of our 2 dd's. Its hard for me to talk to him about how it makes me feel when he pushes me away. He always thinks I'm trying to fight, hormonal (I'm 6 month preg) or have a low self esteem & just complaining.
Try to hang in there. I won't tell you to act like it doesn't bother you. Keep trying to talk to him but don't make it out like fussing. I've learned from experience it makes things worse. I hope things get better for you!
des-momma
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Aww thank you.... it was a wedding pic

Quoting Andylund:

Ur pic looks like its from a magazine he's dumb for pushing u away :) I wish I looks like that

Quoting des-momma:

This is me a month ago

des-momma
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I've asked about it and he says he/we.don't need it.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

All you can do is keep trying. Have you talked to him about going to counseling to help him open up?

Quoting des-momma:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting des-momma:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

MrsPeterkin
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Aw I am sorry you are going through that, I don't know whats going on with that BUT you are goregous!! Have you tried telling how you feel?

des-momma
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I'm far from superficial I don't on a daily basis dress fancy, do my hair or make up. I'm actually a very outdoors girl camping boating fishing hiking. My thing is even if we play or talk or even do things he wants I try and talk or be close and I get pushed away. It makes me feel like my husband now thinks I'm unappealing unwanted.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Like they say, "for every beautiful woman you see there is a man who is glad to be rid of her." Women who are told constantly they are pretty and see their worth in how they look think the only possible reason a man might not want them is because of their looks. You only focus on how you look and include a picture.

What about being his best friend? Someone that makes him laugh? Someone who makes him think, be a better man.

Stop fixating on the superficial and maybe he will find passion.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM

How old is he? My dh is 7 years older than I am and his sex drive has flatlined. My doctor said that the problem is that at his age it levels out and then spikes about 5 years later, but by then i will be in the leveled off spot lol. So in about 10 years we will be good lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN