Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DO you suffer from depression?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

Emotions and behaviors accompany the words we use to describe ourselves and to communicate with others.  Therapists believe that many forms of depression have their roots in the words we speak to ourselves and the names we give to our experiences.  Chronically depressed people repeatedly use negative words to describe themselves and the events around them.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Cool.....?
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM

the question is which way does the relationsip go... are they depressed because of the negativity or are they negative because of the depression... or is it a cycle.

Destiny846
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Quoting ditsyjo:

the question is which way does the relationsip go... are they depressed because of the negativity or are they negative because of the depression... or is it a cycle.

Some people are overwhelmed by day-to-day details and frustration and anxiety of it can turn into a sense of being trapped in life.  From there they can slide into a long-lasting depression.  As the emotional pain builds, these people blame their conflicts on others around them destroying relationships.  Are you overwhelmed today?

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

me ? no not now. when I was a kid 11 /12 years old I went though a period of depression( don't know if it was true clinical depression or not)  because of a series of events in my live so I do understand how easy it is be overwhelmed by life though

Quoting Destiny846:

Quoting ditsyjo:

Some people are overwhelmed by day-to-day details and frustration and anxiety of it can turn into a sense of being trapped in life.  From there they can slide into a long-lasting depression.  As the emotional pain builds, these people blame their conflicts on others around them destroying relationships.  Are you overwhelmed today?

Destiny846
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Quoting ditsyjo:

me ? no not now. when I was a kid 11 /12 years old I went though a period of depression( don't know if it was true clinical depression or not)  because of a series of events in my live so I do understand how easy it is be overwhelmed by life though

Quoting Destiny846:

Quoting ditsyjo:

Kids blame themselves for parent's problems.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Quoting Destiny846:

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting Destiny846:

Quoting ditsyjo:

Kids blame themselves for parent's problems.

with in a year my dad went blind, my best friend died, and after he lost his vision my wonderful caring daddy became very angry at the world and often lashed out ( verbally mostly) at my mom and I. so yeah I just wanted to find a hole to crawl in and die for about a year and a 1/2
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM

that would be me then the constant pessimist.  Just tonight my hubby was commenting that I always say something negative.  Hope for he best but prepare for the worst.

Destiny846
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

that would be me then the constant pessimist.  Just tonight my hubby was commenting that I always say something negative.  Hope for he best but prepare for the worst.

It is not easy especially if you were brought up that way.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I would say that most of all I am tired.  I am tired of always being the responsible one, tired of if i dont do something that it doesnt get done, tired of hubby acting like he is soooooooo overwhelmed when he barely does anything especially when it comes to the household, tired of people acting like I have no need to defend myself when in fact you are the reason that i feel the need to, tired of being pulled in so many directions, just tired.  Yeah just one day of the week, I would like to have NOTHING to do!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)