Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who has a large family?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

Me! I'm baking #5 now. I'm 31 and my kids are almost 9, 5, 3 and 15 months. Did you ever think you'd have a large family? I didn't. I thought 3 would be my max.
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Mobile Photo

Ds :)
TableforSeven
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

We have 5 kids, most people consider that to be a large family.  We have three daughters ages 20, 16, and 14; and two sons ages 10 and 9.  Before DH and I got married we decided to have 5 kids.

stormygirl35
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
We have a large family also. We have 5, soon to be 6 children. 4 girls and 2 boys. They are 20, 16, twins that are 9, 10 months and another comming in 12 days. :) I always knew I wanted and felt I would have in between 3-7 children. After our twins came the years seemed to fly by faster and before we knew it we were old and thought we must be done since so many years had passed. But after a conversation with Dh we realized we both still wanted more, time had just gotten away from us. Our daughter is due in 12 days and we have tossed the idea of having just one more after her in about a year. We aren't spring chickens anymore so time is kind of against us plus my age has made for some big complications the last two pregnancies. We know what's ment to be will be, but my gut tells me so strongly their is ment to be one more. Having a big family has been a great blessing. :) sorry the post is so long! Lol
stormygirl35
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Oh forgot to add that your little ones are cutie pies!
frillyflower
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I'm only pg with #4 and get comments all the time on how huge our family is. Baffles me.
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I get comments like that too. When I take all 4 with me to the store people comment that I don't look old enough to have 4, how tired or crazy I must be, and do I know what my carbon footprint is. Lol.

Quoting frillyflower:

I'm only pg with #4 and get comments all the time on how huge our family is. Baffles me.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on May. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM

no i don't have a big family but i do want another child some day 

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I always wanted a big family. We have 6 kids right now. I birthed a few, adopted a couple, and we have a foster son. I love it. I want to continue adopting/fostering since it is not safe for me to have more children biologically and honestly I don't see a difference. I love being a mother to a big family. This is perfect to me.

jojo_star
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Right now we have 4, 12, 14, 15, and 16. We plan to foster to adopt when our children are out of the house. And no. I thought for sure I'd be done with just one. 

sissyboogs
by Katie on May. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM

No...I don't have a big family. It's just me, my husband, and two children. I'm perfectly happy with that. I never wanted a big family. 

Your kids are super adorable though! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN