Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would You Call the Cops?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is at school and it's just me at home. I live on a small suburban street. Houses are close together. I'm not kidding when I see the SAME white Work Van go down my street repeatedly about 15 times in the last 45 minutes. Almost like it's going up and down this street looking for something. It's making me highly suspicious. Nobody is outside, no work is being done. It's a tinted out white work fan. With everything going on in the world today-it's making me very nervous. I can understand if construction, something being done but it's very quiet here. I don't want to make this into a stupid, dramatic thing when it's nothing. I'll wait and see if I see it again. If it makes rounds a couple more times, I'll call.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pinkysmommy720
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney15
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I would. It's not going to harm anyone by having someone check it out. It *could* harm someone by not. Listen to your gut. 

romanceparty4u
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

In my area, that's a perfect van to case houses, they would be trying to see "who's home" and "who's paying attention". If they see a squad car, they'll realize someone is paying attention and they'll move on to another area.

BeachMommy07
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Haven't seen it again since I posted this. 

BeachMommy07
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Thanks for the tip. 

Quoting romanceparty4u:

In my area, that's a perfect van to case houses, they would be trying to see "who's home" and "who's paying attention". If they see a squad car, they'll realize someone is paying attention and they'll move on to another area.

wyomom4
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM

You might call the police anyway. The police told me to call on anything suspicious. And that same day is better than a few days later when they come knocking on your door looking for witnesses cuz the neighbor down the street was robbed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN